Anniversary Racing Stripes

ajskillz13

After seeing these Anniversary stripes all over at MotoGP, I decided that my white FZ NEEDS these decals on the fairings! Anyone have any skills to make something like this for us? Could be done in other colors for other bikes.

I know Yamaha has a kit for the FZ1, but I doubt they sell the decals separately.

deputydog

Tapeworks.com used to sell the Yamaha kit in different colors. They have dropped their contract for official Yamaha items, but you can still get the stripe in different colors in their generic listings.

ajskillz13

Good find! Not sure those will work for me, though. Will probably do something custom. I'd imagine I could have a sign company do it for less than that site.

CrazyCawi

If you guys give me the dimensions you want, I can get my guy to make them with some very high end vinyl, many color options including flat black. Its probably be about $100-$150 for it.

Fizzer6R

colors look great on that :thumbup:

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

ajskillz13

yeah, that classic clean look was pretty cool.

this is close, might try to contact them and see if they offer it in red..
I was thinking about that Dart... I remembered seeing those decals, but I'm not sure if they would do anything custom besides cutting that stripe out from what they make. We have a guy in town who does custom wraps for cars/trucks, so I may check with him to see if I could give him some pictures and come up with something like the FZ1.

I'd really like to have the stripe at least on the rear fairing as well. I'm not sure I'd mess with putting anything on the tank, but that's an option too.

Chucker

I'd really like to have the stripe at least on the rear fairing as well. I'm not sure I'd mess with putting anything on the tank, but that's an option too.
Go to your decal guy and show him this. I'm going to find someone to make me a set like on this bike, but with the squares red.

Attachments

ajskillz13

Here are two quick mock-ups from Paint. I'll give it another shot tonight. I'd like to see what it looks like with the stripe going from the front fairing to the tank as well.

Attachments

ajskillz13

Go to your decal guy and show him this. I'm going to find someone to make me a set like on this bike, but with the squares red.
Thanks Chucker! I forgot about that pink custom bike. That striping would be perfect. I'll definitely use that pic unless I go for a tank stripe as well.

ajskillz13

Here is what I will be taking to a decal guy... plus the FZ6R logo from the pink show bike. It would take too long to replicate in Paint.

I think this needs to be made into reality this winter if not sooner!

Attachments

ajskillz13

Why not go all out!? Now if I took it to a track, all I'd have to do was add some tape to the light with #11 on it!

Last edited:

Chucker

Why not go all out!? Now if I took it to a track, all I'd have to do was add some tape to the light with #11 on it!
#11 has better mojo than #1.

Attachments

Chucker

Chucker

I mocked up a couple of ideas I'm thinking of for graphics on my Raven 6R. These aren't high quality, as I did them at work and only had MS Paint available. I'm looking for honest feedback on these.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

ajskillz13

I mocked up a couple of ideas I'm thinking of for graphics on my Raven 6R. These aren't high quality, as I did them at work and only had MS Paint available. I'm looking for honest feedback on these.

Thanks in advance.
I dig it! Nice look on black too.