Angled Valve Stems

MikeN02

Not sure if I can post this since some forums require you to be a vendor to advertise or sell stuff but Agg2001 of R6-Forum is partnering up with SlowBoyRacing to offer Angled Valve Stems. Delete if I can't post this.

Angled Valve Stems - $25 shipped : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

I'm getting a pair for my R6 and my friend's R1. Both in Red, I always have a hard time checking my tires and have to move my bike at the right angle to use it/fill up the tire. By the time I've done that I have to throw in more money to start the machine back up.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

MikeN02

Ugh, just found out about the installation for these. Apparently you have to take off the wheel to get the original stem out and then put in the new one. I won't get these until I need a new tire.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Spunky99

Ugh, just found out about the installation for these. Apparently you have to take off the wheel to get the original stem out and then put in the new one. I won't get these until I need a new tire.
Drat!:surrender:

Roaddawg

Yeah, when I got new tires put on, I had them put on metal stems, because they said they last longer and less prone to failure. The only problem with the is that they aren't flexible like the stock rubber ones, so it makes it even harder to check the pressure. The good thing is, the tires hold their pressure well. I would definitely put on these angled ones instead of the straight ones.

Detrich

I bought a portable home air compressor for my cars, which works for bikes too... About $50 from Pep Boys... Saves on quarters. ^_^

joloy133

I have a finishing brad/nail gun which has a small compressor, etc. I use it more as an air station for tires with the hose adaptor from home depot. Might as well get double usage.........!