Monster Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Never......

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Brock Kickass

Never. In Ontario helments are required by law. Besides that, it's been driven in to my thick head since childhood that you never throw a leg over a bike, ATV, snomobile, etc... with no helmet. It's like a reflex. Lately, I've been in the habit of putting my bike away at night from the parking spot in front of my house to my garage out back, which involves about 25 feet of riding down the street and then up my 15 foot driveway. I'm paraniod about being spotted and getting a ticket doing even that! I must look awfully funny in my jammie bottoms and no shirt with my helmet on.

will415

If you put a picture up like that again of someone with a broken head i will punch you in the neck lol jk but i have never forgot my helmet forgot my gloves ones but ran back up my 23 flight of stairs to get to my place to get them then i felt like this :zombie: ha:wav:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Alex6

I need to stick the ear plug into my ears, remove glasses, put a helmet, insert the glasses. This freaking routine is so annoying, but it won't let me forget any of these steps... :)

Brock Kickass

Here in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio we are not required to ware one.

However when I was riding in TN years back, I strepped the hemet to the passanger seat of the honda shadow as I would have normally done here, and took off. Got about a block up the road and realized oh sh!t need helmet here. stopped and strapped it on.
Still in utter disbelief that there are places where you don't have to wear a helmet, and also that there are people who don't want to wear one. To each their own, and I'm the last one to tell someone how to live thair life, but man! There is no compelling argument against wearing a helmet. If you don't want to you don't want to, but there is no good reason not to.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I visited a friend with another riding buddy of mine. We were coming up the driveway and my friend (under 5mph) hit the edge of the driveway and went down. Smash up his fairings and his leg. Accidents can happen ANYWHERE, it's why they're called accidents. Always be prepared.

That said, I think I've ridden without my lid twice. It was about half a block, just to make sure something I fixed works right.... but probably a time I need a helmet MORE. What if my fix wasn't really fixed?
I was walking out to my car last winter. I slipped on my walkway and went down like the Titanic. Accidents CAN happen anywhere.

I'm just being a smartass. I realy did fall, though. I wish I had been wearing my Icon underwaer with the pads in the hips, because I landed right on my hip and it hurt like hell!

I really hope I never dump my bike in the driveway, and am sure I will be better off with a lid than without if I ever do, but the police factor really is the motivating issue when I pop my helmet on to move my bike around the corner. I don't even get the clutch all the way out when I move it.

They say you can never be too careful, but you really can. Otherwise we'll all be huddling in our houses with leathers and oven mitts on. And then I go and mouth off about how it's crazy to not wear a helmet. I sound like a huge hypocrite, but I understand myself, so that's all that matters to me.

Maadi

Never on a bike. Once on a horse, though. And it was the day I decided to go trail riding bare back. After I realized my helmet wasn't on, I felt extremely creeped out the whole way back. The horse was old and solid as a rock, but you never know... Scary feeling! Same feeling as being in a car without a seat belt.

FZ6Rob85

Here in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio we are not required to wear one.

However when I was riding in TN years back, I strapped the hemet to the passanger seat of the honda shadow as I would have normally done here, and took off. Got about a block up the road and realized oh sh!t need helmet here. stopped and strapped it on my head.
Yeah to extrapolate on this...Ohio requires all riders on a temporary permit, riders with a full permit under the age of 18, and riders over the age of 18 with less than 1 year riding on a full permit to wear helmet, but other than that no requirement. I did have a buddy get nailed for flush mounts that were "too small" though lmfao.

JSP

Super Moderator
I did forget my pants one day... Went to class and everything. Got up to the podium to give my speech and everyone started pointing and laughing.

Oh, that was just a dream...

:shakehead:

BoneJj

Back in the day I used to ride without a helmet all the time before I started to realize how important they were.

Ever since I started wearing them I have not ever forgotten to put it on.

now doing the chin strap is a different story all together.

JSP

Super Moderator
Back in the day I used to ride without a helmet all the time before I started to realize how important they were.

Ever since I started wearing them I have not ever forgotten to put it on.

now doing the chin strap is a different story all together.

AH! I HAVE forgot that one before.