alh081's MOD thread

killabee

How long did it take you to lower your front end? Did you do it alone?

alh081

Exactly as JT said. I did it alone with no stand. Just be careful to lower it slowly. I did it one side at a time. Did one side perfect, the other side i accidentally lowered it too much and had to jack the bike up on a piece of 2x4 on the header to raise the front and lower it back down. Took me about half hour, but if i didnt have to correct myself, then probably 15 mins.

alh081

new levers

got my levers today in the mail.

heres a before/after

Deathdiesel

Bluetooth reciever was confirmed DOA :( Guess im gunna try a different unit maybe. Thinking of instead of pulling it apart, just putting the unit inside my helmet with velcro, and see how it goes.

alh081

rear signals

Received my rear signals today. Wanted to get rid of the stock rear signals on my DIY FE. Here it is. Let me know what you think. They seem fairly bright. They are Rizoma Track 77 replicas.

And here's a video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64iSWjj3sDY&feature=plcp"]FZ6R - rear LED turn signal - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Hamdamann

Loving your bike

Dude loving your bike personally I think the white ones are best looking by far and the mods you have done so far look awesome cant wait to see what you do to it next I'm currently on the hunt for a nice white one near me.

Deathdiesel

Hey alh, did you have to put relays in both the smoked and rear turn signals? About to buy em and am jw. (the fronts, no need for rear atm)

alh081

no relays installed. thats why they are blinking so fast.

alh081

It's been quite a while since i have done any mods but......

installed my bar end mirrors yesterday and covered mirror holes today.

Last edited:

#1gas

Great! I been browsing for some time and finally ( not that they're not great bikes around this forum ) but a white fz with mods that I truly enjoy.
From the windshield to the exhaust, nicely modded. I sold my previous bike and within weeks on october I was able to get a white as well.
Now the itching to mod it began since day one...

Could you share what kind of turning lights you used on the front vents?
And what would be your feedback lowering the bike? Did you lower the rear too?
Thanks

Kayo7

Do you still have the ZX mirrors that you would be willing to sell? :D

SpawnXX

Premium Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

alh081

#1gas - I just used some LEDs off ebay and i only lowered the front and not the rear.

Kayo7 - I do still have them and will likely sell them if you want. PM me and let me know how much you want them for.

SpawnXX - I saw those block off plates but didnt like them, esp for $15. I actually made some myself similar to those but when i put them on, i didnt like the way they looked. i need to make something better so this is temporary.

Scott_Thomas - Thanks! these are the exact ones i got. bar ends

alh081

its been a while since any mods have been done on the bike. i know many ppl have their own opinion but....what is a good tire upgrade?? i use my bike mainly for commuting purposes but want something w/ better grip as well. i am on stock tires.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member