alh081's MOD thread

alh081

Just some background:

As some of you know, I have only owned my FZ6R since the end of July. After riding for the first time in June during the MSF course and got my M1, I purchased a NEW 2012 Pearl White FZ6R a few weeks later. I have less than 400 miles of experience (at this time) but I have to say, I LOVE THIS BIKE!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my mods on this thread. :D

First mod on the bike were SHOGUN frame sliders that I purchased at the dealer w/ the bike.

Second mod, a homemade fender eliminator.

I then made another one because I needed to light up the plate so I dont get a ticket at night.

Third mod, I lowered it an inch.

Fourth mod, which I did a couple days ago, were the Ebay flush mounts.
You can find my installation thread here: My Ebay Flush Mount Installation

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6OqbSglj8s]FZ6R Ebay Flush Mounts - YouTube[/ame]

Fifth mod, MORE LIGHTS!
I knew the ebay LEDs were not going to be bright enough, especially for those in front of me, so here is my solution.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOVcTEgv21s]FZ6R Ebay Flush Mounts w/ extra lights - YouTube[/ame]

Thats it for now. I have a few more things on the way, and will add to the list soon....hopefully :D

UPDATES:
9/17 - ZX6R mirrors
9/19 - Bluetooth helmet 9/27 - Bluetooth helmet revised
9/24 - Spider grips
9/26 - Painted windscreen
10/1 - Block offs + K&N air filter
10/2 - TBR exhaust
10/10 - Smoke flush mount signtals
10/12 - Yamaha seat cowl
10/13 - HIDs
10/18 - CNC shorty levers
10/26 - Track77 rep rear signals
01/05 - Bar end mirrors

Last edited:

travisH3

alh081

Deathdiesel

The fast blinking doesnt really bother me. $25 to slow down the flash isnt worth it to me. As for the lights, I used amber LEDs.
Mind if I ask specifically from where? Yours seem to be the perfect brightness for turn signals imo. Not too bright, not too dim. Howd you wire em up?

alh081

the LED's i bought from ebay. just amber led strips. I just tapped them into the stock harness minus the running lights.

alh081

9/17 ZX6R mirrors

Received and installed my ZX6R mirrors today.

Before:

Comparison:

After:

For those of you who have the same mirrors, i have a question. I notice that one of my mirrors are not as clear as the other. My left one is perfect and my right one is a little distorted/fuzzy/unclear. Is this normal? or maybe I have a defective one?

Either way, I LOVE the look of these mirrors so much more than stock!

Last edited:

miketriebsch

Yes That is a defective mirror I'd send it back for your own safety. I have those but just took them off mine where clear as my wife's diamond lol, but had a terrible vibrations.

alh081

i contacted the seller and they will send me another set

alh081

Helmet speaker BT setup

so i received my bluetooth receiver yesterday and finally completed my cheap bt (total $17 for speaker and receiver) audio helmet speakers setup.

This is where i placed my speakers (AGV k4 evo helmet).

The 3.5mm comes out of the right side of the helmet.

I just clip the receiver to my backpack and plug in the speakers.

Last edited:

nismo_45

Nice modding, I have a 2012 white as well. Where did you pick up the itech bluetooth so cheap? Ive been wanting one for a while.

alh081

I got it on eBay.

be warned though, i purchased on 8/18 and received it in the mail yesterday 9/18. EXACTLY 1 month after purchase.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

alh081

ooh I like the bluetooth mod, hows it sound with earplugs in?
It sounds fine w/ the hemlet speakers. I have not tried it w/ earplugs.

Sweet I just order my bluetooth reciver as well I did notice everything comes from china so shipping is atleast 2 weeks if not 4. where did you get the speakers? link please?
This is where i bought my speakers eBay (US seller, so i received them quick)
They were $4.48 when i bought them but he has relisted them now at $7.87!

alh081

New grips

got my spider grips today and installed!

alh081

Blacked out windscreen

Blacked out my windscreen. I'm 50/50 on it. I liked the original clear, this is too dark. Maybe i will smoke it instead. I'll give this a week. What do you guys think??

bleedinblue

Elite Member

alh081