Ahhh!

Spitfire

This has nothing to do with my bike...

Anyone have ideas of what to do while working a security job with nothing to do? >.> Sit at a desk all day etc... I asked my wife to bring me my phone charger cause it's dead, which I always use to entertain me since I have a smartphone... and she forgets and brings me her phone and trades so that I can talk to her still, she doesn't have a smart phone. While she was at the apartment I also asked her to bring the laptop so I could play games, browse the internet (I can on the work computer but half the crap is blocked and no audio)... She says no cause she doesn't like using my computer (a desktop w/ 2 monitors and everything on her computer is also on mine)...

So now I'm stuck here with a crappy phone, no computer (basically), and nothing to do!!! Help! >< I can stare at my bike outside but even that get's a bit boring...

elikhom

Hmm, I have a pdf copy of Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch that I can send you if you haven't read it yet.

Spunky99

Walk the perimeter..
Make prank calls from your wife's cell....LOL

Sage

Damn If only a remembered the what site it was we used to get around websense during highschool.

If you can google for websites/proxies to get around it if you are desparate enough =) Happy Hunting!

kevin8198

Elite Member

ChUcK

I don't mean to be a downer, but if you're working security then isn't it a bit underhanded to do anything but walk around making sure everything is secure? Instead of looking at a smartphone or whatever. Don't they have cameras that can see you goofing off?

Being a guard is not a good gig for those smart enough to get bored by it. If you have more than one brain cell to rub together then that means you are in the wrong occupation, senor.

bakkenlab

"This Websense category is filtered: Proxy Avoidance. Sites in this category may pose a security threat to network resources or private information, and are blocked by your organization."

boooooooo
that site is full of proxies....i highly doubt they blocked all of them, so try each one by one....if no luck, give that usb drive a try.

https://proxify.net/
UltraFastProxy.com
http://tunnel.ws/
SiteGetter
Roxxo Web Proxy
NewIPNow.com - Change your IP on demand.
www.blewpass.com - Free Anonymous Proxy, Free Anonymous Web Access, Online Privacy Protection
BigProx Glype Webproxy
Web Proxy | Anonymous web proxy, proxy service, web based proxy

this is just a few of them available, if none of them work try some others on that site

amg14

bakkenlab, do you have a lot of experience with getting around blocked sites at work ? jk

kevin, look into steaming netflix (if you have it) on your phone. you can do it over the cell towers just as well as over wifi. this assumes you have good service at your work though. other things you could do is put some movies or tv shows on your laptop, maybe read a book like Cat in the Hat, and or my personal favorite is playing tic-tac-toe. :D

Parcho

Throw some audiobooks on your smartphone. This way you can still do your job while you get entertained.

bakkenlab

bakkenlab, do you have a lot of experience with getting around blocked sites at work ? jk

kevin, look into steaming netflix (if you have it) on your phone. you can do it over the cell towers just as well as over wifi. this assumes you have good service at your work though. other things you could do is put some movies or tv shows on your laptop, maybe read a book like Cat in the Hat, and or my personal favorite is playing tic-tac-toe. :D
I had a website design class in high school, and when we were done updating pages we would just find any proxie possible to get around block sites (couldnt hack or use usb as that would cause for expulsion:eek:) And plus i am a computer science major so i know a little about that kind of stuff :cool:

another way to get past it would be to use a keylogger. You can get into deep shit but if you're that anxious to get past those sites just put a hidden keylogger on your comp, and tell one of the IT guys that you need to access a block site for "work" reference. Hopefully he wouldn't have to give u access over the server and can just provide the password on your local computer...If he types it in on the comp while you have the keylogger on, then presto, you have his password...Like i said, u can get in deep shit for it, so use at your own risk, and dont go blaming me if you get caught haha...

kevin8198

Elite Member