Aftermarket front turn signals you're happy with?

new2yam

I want to replace the bulky turn signals in the front of my bike. I don't want flush mounts. I've seen plenty out there but I'd like to get some votes first. Less bulky, but not so small they're pointless -- same reason I don't want flush mounts. Thanks all.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

VRIIClubby

good luck with that as far as I know its either flush mounts or stock
u serious? thats all the options? I havent looked into turn signals yet but was about to start looking around, be seriously dissapointed if thats the case.

What's the problem, just the oval mounting "hole"?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

new2yam

All else fails, find some inspiration and anything will fit. ;)

Chucker

I've got Oxfords on the rear, and they'll work on the front. Came with inserts to fill the hole. They're what I'd go with if I didn't want flushmounts.

new2yam

I've got Oxfords on the rear, and they'll work on the front. Came with inserts to fill the hole. They're what I'd go with if I didn't want flushmounts.
Have a linky for me?

latony007

I think the problem is the hole. Most of the after market stalk type signals I have seen are not made to go through the fairing and cover up the hole for the original signals. I have these on the rear but you would have to put some kind of washers and rubber boot around it or something. I would do what I and others did is put the flush mounts on and then add strips in the scoops for extra vis from the front. Check out my picts.

Red Motorcycle LED Turn Signal Indicator Light Lamp for Honda Suzuki Yamaha Bike | eBay

new2yam

I think the problem is the hole. Most of the after market stalk type signals I have seen are not made to go through the fairing and cover up the hole for the original signals. I have these on the rear but you would have to put some kind of washers and rubber boot around it or something. I would do what I and others did is put the flush mounts on and then add strips in the scoops for extra vis from the front. Check out my picts.

Red Motorcycle LED Turn Signal Indicator Light Lamp for Honda Suzuki Yamaha Bike | eBay
Wait, the ones in that link would fit? Brain fart day going on over here -- it's Friday.

latony007

im sure they will fit and work... they wont cover the rest of the ugly as hole
agreed. they look good in the back :)

Attachments

VRIIClubby

priotiynapkin

super happy with my rizoma avio 21s. Bought some little caps from cyclegear or somewhere that fill in the odd shaped hole in the front ones. got the magic blinkers for running lights. super bright, kinda pricey, but worth it imo

kvtrunners

Check out my profile pic. What I did was bought the flush mounts from Ebay, they were made in China for couple bucks. Disassembled the original turn signals from the stalk and fabricated the Ebay flush signals onto the stalk. Nice and clean, NOT flush, very visible since they stick out. Took less than 10 mins each side. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

Hate to bump such an old thread, but I didn't think it was appropriate to start a new thread!

Does anyone know which aftermarket front turn signals are DOT approved? I know the integrated taillights are not. I really want to keep my bike legal in my strict state.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

I've done all the mods / had all the light mods done on my FZ6R when I had it, integrated tail, flush mounts etc. never had a nother look from a cop. Doesn't mean your area will be better, but I rode all over NJ and didn't run into any issues.
I'm a little worried about the police stopping me, but actually I'm more concerned with the investigators that come out when an accident happens.

I've read online where someone has been rear-ended and because the twilight wasn't DOT approved, it was the riders fault. The same goes for front turn signals.

I've owned flush mounts, but had to replace them after laying my bike down. I was hoping I could find a DOT approved version.