Aftermarket front turn signals you're happy with?

engineered2win

My turn signal setup is:
Rear- High Tech Speed X-ARC
Fairing- High Tech Speed Proton
Front- ZX10R mirrors with LP USA clear flush mounts

My goal when modifying is form and function. It looks far better than stock and is brighter all around. The X-ARC's are ridiculously bright. If it turn them on in the garage they will blind you. They are brighter than my brake light. I consider the Proton's to be excellent side mount indicators, but their forward visibility is very poor despite what anyone says. A driver coming the opposite direction on a two lane road would not see you signaling for a right turn. Don't even bother going cheap if you actually care about signal intention. I got a pair of the cheap rear turn signals with my fender eliminator and they are useless. A buddy bought 2 sets for his bike and even when I am riding behind him looking for him to turn, it's pretty difficult to even see them from 1-2 seconds behind him in daylight. A car not expecting you to turn would never see them at all.

Last edited:
I just looked up my state law and it says turn signals are NOT required by law. That's good news for me. However, it does state that if I choose to use an "electronic signal device" it must be approved.

I don't know what my state considers "approved". Do they mean DOT?

So, apparently it's legal to use an integrated taillight. Great!

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member