A sad accident for everyone involved

CrazyCawi

My sister in law's brother just killed a man this morning.....He is an over the road truck driver. Please pray for his sanity and ability to cope with this and for the hurt families of all three party's. Jacob has to life the rest of his life knowing he unintentionally took the life of someone else.

Polk County (Press Release) - A fatal crash occurred at 5:40 a.m. on Wednesday, April 18th on US Highway 8 in Apple River Township of Polk County.

A westbound Dodge minivan operated by Garrett V. Javner, 44, of rural Clayton crossed into the path of an eastbound semi tractor-trailer operated by Jacob Hoheisel, 32, of Avon, Minn. Garrett Javner died at the scene. He was the lone occupant to his vehicle.

Following the collision, a secondary crash occurred when a westbound Toyota Camry, operated by Marlene Long, 55, of Turtle Lake, struck Javner's disabled mini-van. Hoheisel and Long were not injured and both were the lone occupants of their respective vehicles.

US Hwy 8 traffic was detoured for several hours while emergency responders from Amery Fire Department and Apple River Fire Department controlled the scene. Preliminary investigation reveals that Garrett Javner was not seat belted at the time of the crash.

The crash is being investigated by the Polk County Sheriff's Department and the Wisconsin State Patrol.
They dont know if he was texting or anything but according to Jacob the other driver didnt lose control of the vehicle, he just crossed the line and drove straight at him. Jacob tried to move his full tractor trailer out of the way but he carries heavy loads of Iron and sheet metal, ect and the trailer didnt correct fast enough to avoid the accident as the driver kept heading right at the trailer.

Sage

Agreed, he couldn't have done anything else to avoid the accident with what he was hauling. It's sad to see someone lose their life over something as stupid and texting while driving, but accidents happen..

RooKie

That's awful. This may sound wrong, but at least Jacob didn't get injured due to the other person's failure to stay in their lane (whatever the reason was). My condolences.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

CrazyCawi

yes straight road..... 2 lane section

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

yellowFZ6r

Sorry man, but this is just another example of how fragile life is. Its way too short for alot of people, so we all need be thankful for our lives and everything that we have!!

KeysRider3

Man, that totally sucks. You're right about how he'll feel too, because he'll keep thinking about what else he could have done that may - but probably wouldn't - have resulted in a different outcome. Stay close to him if you can, and your sister-in-law. He's gonna need a lot of support.

See red

I guess I will be the prick to say it...... I think he SHOULD spend the rest of his life in regret. He also DID in fact kill those people. Accidents are just that, this was pure disregard for giving a shit about anything or anyone but what he wanted until it was too late to change.

Say what you want, truth is truth. I will pray for all, as well as an extra prayer that he can be forgiven by the family and lives he stole and that God gives him the wisdom to see beyond his own.

I truely wish things like this don't happen, however all the b.s. excuses of people who justify actions like this make sure it continues. How many of you have been a victim? Honestly...... All of you have, some of you even post it here! This a hole on his/her phone almost....... exactly...... enough said.

applejax

I guess I will be the prick to say it...... I think he SHOULD spend the rest of his life in regret. He also DID in fact kill those people. Accidents are just that, this was pure disregard for giving a shit about anything or anyone but what he wanted until it was too late to change.

Say what you want, truth is truth. I will pray for all, as well as an extra prayer that he can be forgiven by the family and lives he stole and that God gives him the wisdom to see beyond his own.

I truely wish things like this don't happen, however all the b.s. excuses of people who justify actions like this make sure it continues. How many of you have been a victim? Honestly...... All of you have, some of you even post it here! This a hole on his/her phone almost....... exactly...... enough said.
Did you even read the report?

The car crossed over the divider lane into the truck. You can't really maneuver a semi like you could a car.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

See red

Yep I had a retarded moment...... I retract my previous statement. Your sister-in laws brother?? should feel no sorry.... However, I stand on the people should stop being ignorant in others lives.

Dam I am going to bed the jet lag is making me read sh!t wrong. :zombie:

But I am not driving.:)

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

JimmyC

my payers for both families...It will be tough for everyone involved...unfortunately there are things in this world we can't control...but hope we can learn from these moments...Jacob did what he could have...and thats all you can ask...tough situation..It goes to show it only takes a second to turn your life upside down.