A question on mirrors

bzhang777

Does anyone have a picture of the Carbon D2Moto R6S mirror on a Raven?

I've got my TB Carbon Exhaust, Puig Carbon Rear Hugger, and a FE on order, trying to figure out how the R6S Carbon mirror will look on the Raven.

Thanks!!!

JonKerr

Elite Member

catweasel

I don't know of the mirrors that you're talking about, but another option is bar end mirrors. I used smoke signals as mirror block off plates.
Hi Bikermommy, like the look of your barend mirrors but was wondering what you used to fill the old holes?

Roaddawg

Hi Bikermommy, like the look of your barend mirrors but was wondering what you used to fill the old holes?
What I read in her first post on this thread was: "I used smoke signals as mirror block off plates.", meaning she installed smoked turn signals in place of the old mirror mounts (refer to her pics)

jrv81

i like the 08 ZX-6R mirrors on our bike....its on mine..no drilling, fits right in.

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
The pics are really dark, how are they mounted? More details please, like how it handles with them compared to stock!

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like he's got them mounted by raising the fork tubes in the triple clamps instead of on the fork tubes below the clamps like with normal clipons. I'd really like to do these but $$$ is so tight now it's not an option.
If that's the case, it looks like he raised the forks a lot! :eek: I wonder how much it's raised and how it affects handling?

guidobergamo

Yes, I bought in this site, and they sent to me in Brazil. I will post more photos. Sorry, but my english is not good! :don'tknow:

corwin06

just bought some carbon fiber r6s mirrors:D cant wait to get rid of those bug antennas haha. hope intallation is easy

iSpoolin

Those R6S mirrors just don't look right on this bike to me. I like the look of the Trojans alot better.

JonKerr

Elite Member

J-9

Am I the only one who thinks Mirrors are for FUNCTION...not looks! They can save your life...go with convex!

porky45

Am I the only one who thinks Mirrors are for FUNCTION...not looks! They can save your life...go with convex!
If you're relying on your mirrors then I wish you the best of luck in living a long life... yay for head checks!

For me personally... looks go a long way. Functionality obviously has it's place, but at the end of the day, I want to enjoy something aestically as well.

J-9

If you're relying on your mirrors then I wish you the best of luck in living a long life... yay for head checks!

For me personally... looks go a long way. Functionality obviously has it's place, but at the end of the day, I want to enjoy something aestically as well.
Yes, it is a great idea to look behind you as you are moving forward :Im With Stupid:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member