A 12 000 Kilometre Trip To Yellowknife, NWT

Superzoom

Okay, so just re-linked about a hundred $%^&*$@ photos, so it should be viewable now. Let me know if you still can't see the pics.

Superzoom

Yeah, western Canada is gorgeous. Once you hit the Rockies, it's all spectacular, all the time. You'll have to come back up with your bike.

Banff and Jasper are true crown jewels in our parks system. It's worth the drive just for them.

I'm glad your wife doesn't have the Canadian accent or you wouldn't be able to understand each other!

No... didn't do it on a bike. But I did drag the family on two road trips (in a car) to Canada. The first time we went straight north from Dallas, TX to Winnipeg and then to Saskatoon and finally to Calgary. We stopped at each point along the way and visited my wife's family (She's Canadian). We went to Edmonton for a day with my father-in-law for a change of scenery. He basically had to go to Edmonton for work. I can't really say I liked Edmonton very much :-(. We did go to Banff and that was absolutely awesome. There were moments on some of those twisty mountain roads that I just yearned to be on a motorcycle.

The second time we drove to Canada we went through the southwest and headed north through California, Oregon, and Washington before entering BC and hitting our final destination in Kelowna. Of course, we stopped at many points along the way. My wife's parents basically retired and left Calgary for greener pastures. Kelowna, BC is absolutely beautiful. Again, there were many moments when I thought "If only I could be on a motorcycle on this road!" Western Canada is absolutely beautiful. I love visiting and taking in the scenery and the fresh air. Oh... and my wife doesn't have a Canadian accent either.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Superzoom

Thats awesome... instead of linking all the pictures...maybe just post a link to your public flickr account so we can scroll throught them?
I personally really enjoy reading official ride reports with pictures and descriptive text, so I wanted to present it in that form here. A lot of the pictures would be pretty meaningless without a little context.

Superzoom

Missing pictures re-uploaded

Hey all! It's Superzoom, the guy who tours a lot on his FZ6R.

Not normally self-promoting, but just giving this thread a bump because I've fixed the broken links to pictures on the first page. Feel free to check out my epic ride to Yellowknife!

And coming Spring 2014--California here I come! A ride along the Pacific Coast Highway two-up (on an FZ6R, of course)!