93cc 2011 Black FZ6R - Mods

93cc

93cc's 2011 Black FZ6R - Mods

I thought I would start my own Mod Thread

Completed
Custom Four Leaf Clover Vinyl Sticker
Exhaust Mod from this thread
Ghetto/Custom FE Mode (Based on Joe's Ghetto Fender Elimintor Post)
Air Box Mod and K&N Air Filter (thread)

Planning / thinking about

Reflective Wheel Stripe
Painted Rear Peg (Stolden from Bloodyplup thread:)
Different Turn Signals (thinking about led strips)
HID (at some point)
Mirrors (at some point)

Attachments

Last edited:

93cc

Ghetto/Custom FE Mod

Since I dont have a welder Im going to use rivets!

FE with turn signals

1. Remove the fender and separate the frame from the plastic cover.

2. Remove the license plate bracket.

3. Reattached the fender frame, figure out where and what angle you want for the frame, remove the frame and cut with angle grinder.

4. Reattached the two fender frame pieces, use a piece of card board to mock up the piece (sheet medal) that will connect the fender frame

5. Transfer mock up cardboard to sheet metal and cut to shape. I used tin snips and an angle grinder.

6. Bend and shape sheet metal to fit fender frame, use some tape to keep it in place, mark and drill holes for rivets and rivet.

7. Cut the tabs off the license plate bracket, mock them up on the back side of the sheet metal to figure out placement. Drill holes and rivet in place. You can see how I cut and attached them in this picture:

Last edited:

93cc

the exhaust mod...

Pretty much followed the steps here: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/mod-stock-exhaust-15987/index16.html

Video In The Garage
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEq3l2CyatU&feature=player_embedded"]Yamaha Fz6r Exhaust Mod - garage - YouTube[/ame]

Video Outside
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXTWOuGqT5U&feature=player_embedded"]Yamaha Fz6r Exhaust Mod - outside - YouTube[/ame]

It is quite a bit louder

Last edited:

93cc

Four Leaf Clover with my favorite number, one for my helmet and one for the bike

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

93cc

Finished up the FE

Decided to use the stock turn signals for now...
1. Remove the turn signals from the plastic fender and remove the spacers (theres a nut down inside of the spacer you have to remove and the spacer will come right off)
2. I cut the spacer down to just the bottom 1/3 of it. Use that to figure out where you want/can mount the turn signal and then mark were to drill. I actually drilled two holes and added a second bolt to the oval shaped hole in the spacer, I thought that would make the turn signal more secure.

and the money shot:

Last edited:

93cc

so one thing to keep in mind when cutting the angle of the bracket and how low you mount the plate... otherwise it might rub/hit the rear wheel, like mine did... oops

I adjusted the it by bending the plate up some and then bottoming out the shock to verify if the plate hit the tire and it seems ok now.

Last edited:

93cc

Road into work today and no more issues with my FE mod after I bent the plare up a little more and removed about half of the bottom part of the licence plate frame (more weight reduction)

93cc

Airbox Mod Completed...

I removed the entire bottom of the box. The throttle response does seem better and the sounds upon acceleration is great

93cc

just filled up after do the airbox mod and I got my highest mpg yet... each time I have fill up the mpg have increased but today I when from 42 to 46! so not only was the airbox mod free it appears to have increased my mpg too