3,000 Mile, 7-9 Day, Solo Road Trip

Jay S.

Man, what an odyssey! I was jealous when you were leaving, and I'm even more jealous now. I SO miss riding in the mountains. The lower Appalachians have some of the best riding roads in the County, IMO. Glad you made it home safe and sound. And not one mishap! Outstanding.
Agreed! That is some of the best riding country I've ever seen/ridden. I'm very thankful for so many miles and so many places with no mishaps.

Superzoom

I could not agree more. I think the bike is sexier now than ever before! I was telling Alan that I bought this bike with the intention of having it for 2 years and then moving to an FJR or Concours. After this trip, I may just keep it for a few years. It is MORE than enough bike to tour on.
Compared to our bike, the FJR and Concours are absolute pigs. Great for accelerating hard, more stable, better for two-up, but that's mainly it for pros. I've heard of the FZ6R being referred to as a mini-FJR, and I think it's true in a sense. It's less of everything, but in some ways, it's better and more fun.

An FJR, C14 or ST13 would theoretically be better suited to my needs, but I don't relish the idea of a 600-800 pound bike.

Jay S.

Compared to our bike, the FJR and Concours are absolute pigs. Great for accelerating hard, more stable, better for two-up, but that's mainly it for pros. I've heard of the FZ6R being referred to as a mini-FJR, and I think it's true in a sense. It's less of everything, but in some ways, it's better and more fun.

An FJR, C14 or ST13 would theoretically be better suited to my needs, but I don't relish the idea of a 600-800 pound bike.
My thoughts exactly! I came from a 750 pound Kawi Vulcan before my FZ6R. I'd like to think that a factory ST bike would be different from the Vulcan in terms of weight, but a pound is a pound, regardless of bike style. My 6R is quickly becoming a long term bike. I'd really like to ride an FJR to compare someday. However, I feel absolutely no pressing need to "upgrade" from the 6R.