3,000 Mile, 7-9 Day, Solo Road Trip

Jay S.

I've been planning this trip for 2 years. Thanks to my awesome wife for letting me do it. Taking 12 days total and riding 7-9 days depending on how I feel. Then meeting up with my family in Mississippi for 4 days. The bike is packed and ready for an early morning departure.

:cool:

Last edited:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

dig the beaded seat pad, my butt hurts and wants to turn into a red monkey just thinking about it

ride fast, take chances, but be safe doing it

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Jay S.

Day 1 down...515 miles

Didn't take any pics along the way today, I was strictly riding for time/distance today so I could visit some friends in Little Rock, Arkansas. Got on the road about 6am. Today was all interstate for the sake of time. The weather was beautiful except for a short rainstorm outside of Texarkana. The bike ran flawlessly. I will tally my receipts in a little bit to get my fuel mileage. Some pics of my launch, the capitol in Little Rock and my friends that fed me.

:D

Last edited:

Jay S.

Mapquest said 515 miles but my odometer when I got to the hotel said 506. I used 11.57 gallons ($39.09) for overall mileage of 43.7 mpg. Not bad since most of it was interstate doing 80ish.

Last edited:

Jay S.

Riding across Arkansas and halfway across Tennesse was amazing! What beautiful country. Wow. Again the bike rode like a champ. I might be a Yamaha fan for life. If they can make thier "budget" bike run this well, I can't imagine how an FJR runs. Some pics. I have not calculated gas mileage yet. The base I'm staying at is 11 miles from town so nothing delivers here and the rain came in as I was unpacking. Dinner from the hotel desk...ugh. :) However, the ride was totally worth it.

:D

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

VERY nutritious meal there :rolleyes: ;)

Fizzer6R

i have NO room to talk, sometimes i eat like that when i have much better choices!

my AF dorm in korea had cans of bud in the soda vending machine, i fed that A LOT of quarters back then. they must've stocked it often as surprisingly it was rarely sold out

Skidro

You will only be about 25 miles north of me when you pass through Chattanooga & Cleveland, and you will really like the TN & GA mountains when you get there.

Have Fun & Ride Safe!

Jay S.

Yesterday's fuel stats - 21 May 12

454 miles, 10.38 gallons ($35.69) for 43.7 mpg. Gotta love it! Now to download today's pics...

Last edited:

Jay S.

Tail of the Dragon

This was better than I even imagined! Not only the Tail itself, but the ride into and out of it was beautiful. I can't wait to see the pics from Killboy and 129slayer over the next couple days. Some pics I took...

Staying in Murphy, NC tonight. It began to rain so I stopped early in the afternoon. Pizza man is on the way...

Last edited: