2013 harley Davidson Fatbob...Why?

milepig

Definitely seems like a strange jump. Hope you remain happy on the Harley. There is always other bikes.
I thought the same thing. But it seems like CC is the type of guy who'll have many bikes of the course of his riding lifetime. So to that I say to CC love the one you're with!

Pinarello Rider

Congrats on the new bike. I could never switch from the smooth idle of a inline four to that obnoxious vibration of a v-twin, not to mention the loss of any decent gas mileage, but to each their own. Keep the rubber side down.
I call BS - my 883 gets better mileage than my FZ6r.

CrazyCawi

Definitely seems like a strange jump. Hope you remain happy on the Harley. There is always other bikes.
I get your thoughts, but I get a new bike almost every year. Its just like with women, and dating. You continue your search until you find the one you never want to let go of. :cool:

JFresh

I kept my Harley when I got the FZ6R. I still really enjoy both because of the fact that they are totally different. There's nothing wrong with switching up your style. Nothing says you have to belong to a certain segment. If it ends up that you're not into it, so be it. At least you have the experience to know that. The only downside to HD for me is the price you pay for factory accessories, but they have been pretty high quality in my experience. Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy it.

CrazyCawi

Sorry Josh, I had to! You can't deny the timing on it is funny. "Hey I finally won Bike of the Month! Meh, time for a new bike." :D
thats actually what I thought as I drove past the harley dealer....

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I won BOTM once, I'd like to see the rest of the community get to benefit from it as well after I won once, in other words I won't be competing in it

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Vulpine

I've sat on that bike, and it is very cool. I traded my FZ6R last September for a Harley Nightster. My story was similar except I was going for a GSXR 750 or 1000. After hitting every dealership in the Baton Rouge area I hit the Harley shop last. Man they were on their A game. The cutomer service was phenomenal. They took 2 grand off the sticker price and threw in a set of forward controls plus the install for free. I left there on cloud nine as I have always wanted a Harley, but just figured I'd settle into one in my later years. I still drool over the Gixxers and all of the cool custom work one can do on them. That may be my next transition - who knows. Anyway, congrats on the Harley.

Hellgate

"Commands respect"??? Seems to me you didn't have an issue with the FZR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Vulpine

"Commands respect"??? Seems to me you didn't have an issue with the FZR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
I know what he means when he says "commands respect" as I've seen the same response with my Harley. Especially from Law Enforcement and Firemen. There's a comradery amongst riders in general but I've experienced a HUGE improvement in that area since I've been on the Nightster, and maybe because it's an American bike. Not sure... As for me I really miss my FZR sometimes. It was quick enough for my needs, agile and fun. One day I'll gat another sporty bike. Till then I'm going to ride this wave. Hope you guys enjoy your Sunday.