2013 harley Davidson Fatbob...Why?

CrazyCawi

I don't think you will get over the ss bug. It will creep up in u and u will buy another one.
I never said I wouldn't, I just chose not to want to give them my business right now. The harley is a different style of riding for sure, and whats wrong with wanting to experience other styles? I have the 250 that can outcarve almost all of my friends on 600's....they blow me away in the straights, but I melt em in the corners. I still intend to own one of the italian bikes within the next two years.

Anthony, I'm going to just ignore your condescension okay? Thanks.

Sage

And just wondering, i was just giving you shit since I love Triumph, any reason you didn't gravitate towards them since there is a dealer just down the interstate from you?

Y

yellowfz

I want to comment so badly but CC is friends with the MODs and I might get banned. :D

CrazyCawi

And just wondering, i was just giving you shit since I love Triumph, any reason you didn't gravitate towards them since there is a dealer just down the interstate from you?
I love triumph but I'm not a fan of the stripples headlamps. If they change that look, I'd be all over one

CrazyCawi

Well the guy that's selling harleys rides an r1. I'm not trying to knock the buy, but an r1 is a legit beast. You didn't consider the thousand japs at all? Btw I wouldn't recommend an r1 as a stunt bike. But it totally blows my mind at the list you had of the top bikes you wanted, and how a harley came close to it. The style of riding and just in general the hobby becomes different. I don't think you will get over the ss bug. It will creep up in u and u will buy another one.
and correction...He has an r1 and a harley.....

I have a 250r which I plan to turn into a track demon, and I have my HD for Sunday cruises.

danieljardim

and correction...He has an r1 and a harley.....

I have a 250r which I plan to turn into a track demon, and I have my HD for Sunday cruises.
CC my friend. Make the Diavel your next bike. You get a track/street/cruiser/fast/italian bike. Beautiful.. ;) (and cheap insurance) Again, loved your bike, not a big fan of the dual headlight but everything else is sweet.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

Well, I can't resist an "assless chaps" joke, so I'll get it out if the way right away and ask if you require a T for tall fit or just an arrrrrrrr for regular. Get it? Arrrrrrr, like a pirate?

Seriously, though, enjoy the ride. Different bikes are different experiences. Lots of people take issue with Harleys, myself included, but the issue isn't the bike. Well, it sort of is, in that I have next to zero interest in riding one, but to each his own. Mainly, though, I bag on Harleys because if the people who "own" them instead of ride them. If you're riding it for the ride, more power to you. If you own one so that you look like a biker, you're a poser.

Now, Josh, I know you have this bike to ride it, not stand beside it. Enjoy it for what it is, and don't give up on the Duc or MV. The snobby dealers are part of the experience, just like the pirates are part of the Harley deal. The Brutale and Streetfighter are amazing, though. Suck it up and deal with the d-bags selling them for a chance to have one. You won't regret it.

crobih

I never said I wouldn't, I just chose not to want to give them my business right now. The harley is a different style of riding for sure, and whats wrong with wanting to experience other styles? I have the 250 that can outcarve almost all of my friends on 600's....they blow me away in the straights, but I melt em in the corners. I still intend to own one of the italian bikes within the next two years.

Anthony, I'm going to just ignore your condescension okay? Thanks.
I totaly understand the arrogance of certain dealerships, I drove 3 hours to get my r1 because the salesman was knowledgeable over the phone and was totally honest. I promised to give him a call when I was ready to buy, but instead I just showed up unannounced on a saturday and walked out with my bike. I had plenty of dealers around seattle. At least 4 different ones I looked at and just their arrogant altitude made me walk away.

BKP

CC my friend. Make the Diavel your next bike. You get a track/street/cruiser/fast/italian bike. Beautiful.. ;) (and cheap insurance) Again, loved your bike, not a big fan of the dual headlight but everything else is sweet.
Agreed... the 103 is a beauty... really is... Have to go with what feels right for you (on many levels), regardless of where you're coming from...

But, that Diavel (Strada) is the mistress for me, with all the assets for both cruising and twisting... I'll get there one of these days...

Harley Dan

Welcome to the world of Harley... I rode Katanas, Hurricanes and KZ's when I was younger and ride a Harley Streetglide now. Even on the 96CU I still love the torque and smooth power that comes with the Harley... Its impossible to explain the Harley respect thing that you spoke of... people deny it, they try and minimize it but until you ride one, you wouldn't understand...

My wife's been riding an '81 KZ440 for the past two years. It was her first cycle. I tried to convince her to buy a Harley but considering I'm here, you can guess what she bought.

She loves the look of the sport bike so she bought a '09 FZ6R. It has 2000 miles on it with a full two brothers exhaust, juice box, rear fender delete, turn signal delete - front and rear and cut frame sliders. She picked it up this morning and we rode a couple hundred miles. Obviously its not my first choice but it was hers and it fits her well. She looks good on it and really loves the bike. I look forward to hanging out with you guys and gals and learning about her new hot rod.

06330i

Congrats on the new bike. I could never switch from the smooth idle of a inline four to that obnoxious vibration of a v-twin, not to mention the loss of any decent gas mileage, but to each their own. Keep the rubber side down.

Nice harley ya got there. I like the harleys, as my dad and brother both have one. My brother a heritage softtail and my dad has a fatboy. But I decided to go the Star route and got the 113ci Stratoliner Deluxe. My family tries to gimme crap about it, but then I have to bust out that my motor is bigger... :D

Last edited:

Harley Dan

Congrats on the new bike. I could never switch from the smooth idle of a inline four to that obnoxious vibration of a v-twin, not to mention the loss of any decent gas mileage, but to each their own. Keep the rubber side down.
A fellow Coastie... I was an ET3 stationed at Lampedusa Italy in 1988... That's the thing I love about my Harley... it has that nostalgic vibration at idle but once you're over 1500 RPM's it nice and smooth... Dyna's and Soft tails have rubber engine mounts to eliminate that vibration... as for gas mileage, I average 40-45 a fill up so I'm not sure what you've heard...