2012 FZ6R vs 2012 Ninja 650

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
Last edited:

Superzoom

Your thoughts on the Ninja echo Motorcyclist, which said the on-off throttle abruptness was a deal breaker. I believe they also mentioned something about the harsh suspension.

The FZ6R is a really polished, smooth, balanced bike that is way better than its price suggests. I've been riding motorcycles for over twenty years. This is my sixth bike. I'm not "trading up" any time soon.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

EsrTek

You forgot the terrible vibrations from the 650, numbed my legs in 10mins of interstate!

I agree though about the fit/finish the Yamaha impresses for the price, while the 650 looks/feels cheap.

mashuga

whachu doing at whites ferry, I roll from Frederick through Dickerson every now and then it's a pretty chill ride.

Good info on the Kawi, still glad I went with the fz6r over the ninja the dealer tried to push on me last year.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
Last edited:

06330i

I've always liked the overall look of the newer 650, other than that exhaust. Yuck. The engine ruins it imo as well. Too much vibration and sounds like a dirt bike to me, just not my cup of tea. That green paint though is off the wall. The one thing I like about kawi though is they don't load up their bikes with vinyl graphics like yamaha does.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Cerebus

Yes, white's ferry. Good eye! :)

We love riding in Frederick, Urbana, Harper's Ferry.... come ride with us some time. All are welcome and our group won't push anyone to their limits. If you fall behind, we wait. A few new riders, mostly 500cc bikes.
I live in Fredneck. Next time you're headed this way, let me know. I'm going to need the riding experience. :)

Cerebus

Will do! Maybe Saturday! Quite a few of us local.... right now I ride with 2 or 3 Ninja 250s, 2 Ninja 500s, and a Ninja 650..... so I'm WAY out numbered by Ninjas. You guys gotta help me out ;)
This weekend is the riding part of my new rider course. I'm wasn't exaggerating when I said I was a n00b. :D But after Sunday, I'll be ready to join.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Hellgate

Yamaha, any day. The Kawi twin is a agricultural water pump. Buy a Yamaha and be happy.

Nitrocan

I lowered the front of mine 1 1/2 inches. I found a huge difference in the handling! Turn in is much improved. Corners much better over all.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

mashuga

Will do! Maybe Saturday! Quite a few of us local.... right now I ride with 2 or 3 Ninja 250s, 2 Ninja 500s, and a Ninja 650..... so I'm WAY out numbered by Ninjas. You guys gotta help me out ;)
Sweet, gotta get our numbers up then, ha