2 Circa 1978 Mopeds

Thyrd

Hey all,

Still feel pretty new here, but thought ya'll would be able to help me with my predicament.

I have fallen into a bit more than i can chew, as I'm a feed a car gas, make it go, and if it makes a sound take it to a mechanic and hold out money kinda person.

I have 2 McCulloch BHE 900 Mopeds in my possession, of which I took quite a few pictures. Both have original everything, albeit cobwebs etc etc. I'm at a loss as to what to do... The owners will let me fix them up to sell them, but I'm curious if they're even worth fixing up....( I can keep 1/2 the profit, which I'll stow right away into my fz6r fund.) Thoughts?

Let me know what ya'll think. The company that made these beauties was originally a chainsaw engine manufacturer, but they moved into kart engines etc after they got off the ground. I'll post pictures later tonight.

Thanks

Thyrd/Nate

JSP

Super Moderator
Does not look like it will be very easy to find parts for them from my quick search... I would start by making sure its fresh plug/oil etc. Make sure there is compression.

What is their current state? Not running I assume?

Thyrd

Totally not running, need new tires etc. Am I able to physically do it? yes. Do i have a clue what i'm doing? no(definitely not). I have the service manual, but don't even know where to start... hybrid gas/oil mixture, engine starts by dropping actual engine frame on the back wheels.

Last night got pretty hectic, @ work til 5 or so today.

JSP

Super Moderator
Totally not running, need new tires etc. Am I able to physically do it? yes. Do i have a clue what i'm doing? no(definitely not). I have the service manual, but don't even know where to start... hybrid gas/oil mixture, engine starts by dropping actual engine frame on the back wheels.

Last night got pretty hectic, @ work til 5 or so today.
2 stroke. Do you know the correct oil/gas mixture ratio? Something that old and air cooled...maybe 25:1? Just guessing, it should be in the manual though. Put a fresh mix in it and a new plug. Carb most likely needs a total overhaul.