1/4 mile race

roidrage

Me and my buddy racing on some back roads.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoErwPbIVAA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoErwPbIVAA[/ame]

Last edited:

bikerchick13

:rolleyes:I did the same thing,had to go back and see what he was racing.:D
I watched the video twice.I just love to watch vs's.Don't you?

gearhead

Very cool. Was that on the road out to Huasna?

husker525

They were going by so fast in the video I couldn't tell who won!!!

MikeN02

nice...
man i love that sound...
i took a freeze frame of the video just to show the win...
sweet

its trippy, your shadow looks normal but you look like all distorted, i think that you were either going close to the speed of light or there is a wormhole on that road... haha
It's actually a shadow of a shadow of a Team Yamaha Blue bike going so fast it blends in with the sky.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, but what you neglected to tell everyone was that the SV1000 gave you a 1/4 mile head start....He made up some good ground though.

:justkidding:

roidrage

he was gaining on me but i had him in the 1/4 mile. We were out shell creek road. It has the perfect straight away already marked off.

Bigevildoer

LOL you smoked an SV1000 that's hilarious! Who said VTwins are fast? They need to check out that video.. If the Make doesn't start with an A or D it's crap! :justkidding:
Well, my Buell will stomp over any SV that I know of... :spank:
Just put on a D&D Exhaust... egads... I was told it's LOUD, but not ***LOUD*** :eek: ... Wondering if my choice was a good one... hmm.. :banghead:

Spunky99

do you have pictures of your buell somewhere on here?
Am I hallucinating or did I read that correct, Buell utilizes a Rotax engine?

Spunky99

you got me confused dude... did you read what correctly?

anyways... i googled 'rotax' and according to wikipedia, yes buell utilizes a rotax engine...
Sorry....I read the Rotax thing somewhere while I was trying to look at some pics of the bike. I was surprised...nothing to do with your post. Sorry toofless

I always equate Rotax with jet skis and ultralights and such.
I've seen the 2 stroke 4 cyl in airplanes too but always worry about seizing.
I didn't know they had a V engine for otorcycles.

dtrey28

Yes it is true. There were a bunch of interesting articles about the end of Buell in various magazines a month or two ago. If I remember it correctly, they were forced to outsource the engine due to a shoestring budget from HD for their sportbike endeavors.

They also had a pretty badass bike called the Barracuda that was never fully finished and HD decided to destroy all of the prototypes. Craziness.

Bigevildoer

Bigevildoer

I always equate Rotax with jet skis and ultralights and such.
I've seen the 2 stroke 4 cyl in airplanes too but always worry about seizing.
I didn't know they had a V engine for otorcycles.
Buell contracted Rotax for their 1125cc engines that are utilized in the 1125r and 1125cr. Every other Buell uses a modified Harley Davidson sportster engine. The engine used in the HD V-Rod series was designed by Porsche and was supposed to be in a Buell race bike, but HD demanded it go in one of theirs so they started adding weight and shape (i.e. squaring off round shapes etc) to fit their vision of the bike they wanted. Too much weight got added, so Buell couldn't race it.

You'd be surprised how many motorcycles Rotax has engines in...
KTM, Aprilia, Buell, Can-Am, Bombardier Spyder...

Then there's the snowmobiles and jet skis/boats...