Zx6 mirrors are loose on my fz6r

DaveMK

Installation was a breeze but the little Allen key screw on the mirror that swivels the arm won't tighten. There is nothing from the bottom to hold while turning it. Anyone else have this problem? The bike looks amazing with these mirrors. Gives it a nice subtle clean sharp look.

monstermike4343

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I have not seen how those mirrors attach. But if there is no other side to it, I assume they are just kind of molded into the base. So that would mean it is stripped out. ?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Last edited:

DaveMK

If I can recall there, is threads on the opposite side of the allen screw that the screw threads into to create a pinch connection. See attached. That is what I think you are trying to describe....
Yes sir! That would be exactly what I'm talking about. The one mirror is pretty tight but the right sided one exactly where u pointed out wont screw in tight and the mirror folds back when riding.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

DaveMK

I would take it apart and see what is going on in there. I think that there are some washers in there too, maybe they are too thick on that side or perhaps the screw is stripped. Should be easy to figure out since there isn't much there.
I can now push the screw all the way through without screwing it. I think the screw is ok just the inside has no threading ;( I got jipped out of like 20 something bucks. I was thinking to put a nut at the end of it to keep it tight =\ so disappointed. Any suggestions!?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member