YZF-R6 in my future??

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

StarZero81

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

yeah it's a bummer when you see an ad for a great deal and it's a scam. and they are getting smarter instead of putting a ridiculous low price like that one, some are putting a couple grand under book value to at least make it look semi normal. then you get the reply they are out of town/country, friend is selling it for em, please send funds to blah blah blah :mad:

txjames

Elite Member

Synyster

TinEye returned 0 hits on the image, very strange. If it was a scam I would have expected it to return some results. May very well be the sellers bike.

JSP

Super Moderator
Those are all scams..

6R Blackout

6R Blackout

Which brings up a question

Are scammers haters? OR
Are haters scammers?

You decide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

Fizzer6R

Scam for sure. Wanted me to pay through google and its somewhere to be shipped. Knew it. MODS CAN DELETE THIS
no it should be left as an example of these scumbags

Detrich

Sorry it was a scam. Do be very, very careful at all times... That said, there are some good deals sometimes. My R6 is proof. Here's the story again for those who missed it..,

When I was shopping back in early 2011, in the beginning everyone- including my local Yamaha dealer, initially- told me that they felt that the deal I found on Craig's List was too good to be true. They all said it had to be a scam. I was initially crushed, but for some reason- in my heart- I had a good feeling about this bike. And, I didn't give up, but decided I would check everything out before rushing to judgement.

I contacted the seller and got the VIN, the dealership where they biught it from etc, and I started doing all my due diligence.

I contacted the Yamaha dealership they said they bought the bike from to verify the sale date and their name on the title. It checked out. I then provided the sellers name & VIN to my own, local Yamaha dealer and asked them to cross verify the warranty and service records. It also checked out, and the sales date verified as well.

I contacted the dealership that the seller had the bike on consignment sale at and chatted with the sales guy. They said they did a full mechanical inspection and title check and the bike was brand new. They said they were getting over 12 calls a day about this bike, but oddly, no one would go in to look at it. They figured everyone thought something was wrong with it. Because why would someone buy a brand new R6 for $13k otd and then turn around and sell it at a huge loss?

I went on Google and mapped out the mileage of where they bought the bike from to their house and to the dealership they had the bike on consignment at. It matched the mileage of what the dealer gave me over the phone.

At that point, I called the seller, went to the bank and got cash, and grabbed a good buddy to drive out with me to BFE to go check it out. Worse case I figure, is I can always walk away and just not buy it.

We got there, the dealer showed us the bike, and it was exactly as the guy told me. 76 miles brand spanking new. My buddy looked over evey detail to see if it had been dropped or repaired.

He said if you don't buy it, then he is going to. LOL. I was elated.

We left the dealership, I called the seller again, and he arranged to pick up the bike and we did the sale at his house. We met his wife, his cousins, and family. And I could tell right away they were an honest, good couple. They really did need money fast. And that's why they decided to sell the bike at a loss.

And here's the icing on the cake. The same friend that went with me to buy this bike was bike shopping too. About 4 months later, he picked up a white 2009 Evo 848 with something like 2500 miles, upgraded exhaust etc that was in absolutely in mint condition. He also found this on Craig's List. Seller originally wanted $11,500. But he negotiated down to $8k even.

And here I was thinking I had gotten a good deal. LOL.

Moral of the story is, there really are some incredible deals on CL. U just have to be patient and do all ur homework. :)