Yellowknife, here I come!

Superzoom

So on Monday, I'm leaving on my FZ6R for a little ride from Toronto all the way up to Yellowknife, which is in the Northwest Territories in Canada. Yellowknife is a little further north latitude-wise than Anchorage. It's going to be well over 7000 miles by the time I'm done. I've got three weeks scheduled to do it in.

On the way, I'll be visiting my friend in Calgary just in time for the Calgary Stampede. We're going to check out the Stampede, and then go on a four-day motorcycle blast on the fantastic roads in BC. He rides a VFR.

My sister-in-law lives in Yellowknife and works as a helicopter mechanic. We're going to check out the Folk On The Rocks music festival while there.

Wish me luck! I'll be posting a Ride Report once I get back.

From my last visit to Calgary, this is the road up Mount Norquay just outside of Banff.

Y

yellowfz

Lucky dog, have a safe and wonderful journey, take lots of pictures.

wtnotch

Lucky is right. I'm jealous, especially the BC part!

One of the best rides I've ever taken was from Whistler to Lillooet BC and back.

Ditto on the pictures. Lots and lots :)

Russ

DragonBlu

Have a fun ,safe and enjoyable ride. Make some memories and take some pictures!

Superzoom

Lucky dog, have a safe and wonderful journey, take lots of pictures.
Lucky is right. I'm jealous, especially the BC part!

One of the best rides I've ever taken was from Whistler to Lillooet BC and back.

Ditto on the pictures. Lots and lots :)

Russ
Have a fun ,safe and enjoyable ride. Make some memories and take some pictures!
Very cool! Have a blast! And don't spare the pictures...
Thanks so much for the well wishes, guys. I am in fact both lucky and unlucky... Work lately (I work as a Camera Assistant in television) has really dried up lately, so I'm taking advantage of this down time until I get to work again in August. But this should be an epic trip.

I will absolutely take lots of pics. I'm a moderate camera nut, and on this trip I'll be bringing my T3i digital Rebel with an 18-200 lens. I have much higher quality lenses, but I want to have a true all-purpose lens on the camera for both landscapes and wildlife. I've missed a few good wildlife shots for lack of a good tele lens on the camera. I'm also bringing my trusty Canon S90 compact camera. Great little pocketable camera.

Wtnotch, I've ridden up the Sea-To-Sky highway as far as Whistler, but didn't make it past to the really good stuff! Someday. Yes, some of the roads in BC are pretty spectacular. My buddy is going to make me really sweat to keep up with him. He really embarrassed me last time we rode together, when he was on his Buell. This time he'll smoke me on a VFR.

6R Blackout

Keep us posted and take pictures, also ride safe and be careful! Hope you have a great time?

Superzoom

Keep us posted and take pictures, also ride safe and be careful! Hope you have a great time?
Thanks!

The great time will be a given!

As far as safe and careful goes, I am worried about the usual things when travelling by motorcycle up north: cold, heat, bears, bugs, gravel (although I really like firm gravel roads), lack of gas stations, finding motels or campsites, and rain. I'm planning on camping when I can, but knowing me, I'll blow the budget on motels.

vkamnev

you missed a parade ;)

anyway, when you'll be in Calgary, we can meet if you'll have time