Yamaha's Fz-09

ksanbon

The FZ8 is already a great-looking naked inline 4. So honestly I don't get the FZ9 at all..

Yamaha has its head up its *** if it thinks that a slightly cheaper version will lure Triumph customers, because those buyers are intent on badging and a Euro bike.

Yamaha's efforts would be better spent on lightening the weight of the R1 and adding more safety features (ABS, TCS, steering dampeners etc) to the R6.

LOL. Don't get what they're doing.

Yeah, I think there are still a lot of improvements that can be made to all the Japanese supersports, Kawi is trying. I guess it all comes down to the bean counters, a small profit is better than no profit seems to be their approach.

I think this bike is the first of the new line that signifies a totally new direction for Yamaha's sportbike future. I'm glad they started fresh instead of trying to keep updating current models. Compared to the fz8 (and 6r), the fz9 is over 50 pounds lighter and produces more HP & torque, something that would have been difficult (and expensive) to achieve with the current fz8.

I can hardly wait to see what faired versions they come up with.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Pvee

First thing I thought about is Bmw 1200 R power at about 4 k less price.

I just bought a new bike so I won't be looking but this is probably one of a few that will come in this line.

jearnshaw

I like this and will be watching this through the year. I was just telling my co worker I was thinking about trading my bike for a Street Triple around xmas time. Its not that I am a huge fan of naked bikes but I have a messed up neck so I need a more relaxed seating position and besides the fz6r and ninja 650 there isn't a lot of full fairing options out there with adjustable suspension.

BKP

The FZ8 is already a great-looking naked inline 4. So honestly I don't get the FZ9 at all..

Yamaha has its head up its *** if it thinks that a slightly cheaper version will lure Triumph customers, because those buyers are intent on badging and a Euro bike.

Yamaha's efforts would be better spent on lightening the weight of the R1 and adding more safety features (ABS, TCS, steering dampeners etc) to the R6.

LOL. Don't get what they're doing.
+1 on this.

No ABS, no TC, no dampeners... but instead a sexy new swingarm... not the way to lower the price on 2014 models where ABS and TC are becoming check-boxes...
Additionally, this needs a bigger tank, or a better mpg...

I'll wait for the 2015 models when these points are driven home to Yamaha...
Triumph has nothing to worry about...

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jearnshaw

I've been thinking... The things with upright bikes is that they are detune SS. Then we need to spend $$$ to put it back to SS specs... all that because we want comfortable riding position.

So what about taking a SS and make it more comfy to ride instead?

Conversion : YZF R1 : Yamaha : Shop

Thinking about it... Still like the Xplane I4!!! If the FZ1 doesn't get a good face lift... I might go that route.
I really like that ideal of converting to a handle bar setup... checked out there website and they do have a r6 setup as well.

Brock Kickass

Thing about detuned SS bikes is that they're real world usable. An R6 is cool but they are truly not fun under 6K RPM. My FZ1, and my 6R are (were) both easy bikes to loaf around at 3K all day long, and then come to life when you crack the throttle. I would much rather tune my FZ1 up to max potential than deal with a race tuned engine. Marthy, of all people you should dig this. How fussy were the Indy engines you worked on? For all of the crazy performance they have, would you want to deal with one stuffed in a 2 seat convertible and stuck driving across the city mid-afternoon? You'd need to tear the damn thing down and rebuild it after a weekend out with the wife.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Detrich

Having tried both upright and SS riding positions, I honestly like the SS position better. But, that's just my preference.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member