Yamaha Windscreen

JonKerr

Elite Member

pyrocpu

:banghead:

I guess I deserved that one... :)

OK, since I didn't specify... "I wonder what a body-color-matched windscreen would look like, on a white, blue, or yellow FZ6R.

There. That oughta do it. :D

JonKerr

Elite Member

Pompatuse

:banghead:

I guess I deserved that one... :)

OK, since I didn't specify... "I wonder what a body-color-matched windscreen would look like, on a white, blue, or yellow FZ6R.

There. That oughta do it. :D
I bet it would look great. If you already have a second windsrcreen, paint the stock one and see how it looks. When I was at Home Depot they had a really good selection of colors. I personally think that black would look good on a yellow bike, but thats just me. If it makes you feel any better, my wife kept asking me why I was doing it. I kept telling her, "'cause it'll look awesome! What other reason should there be?" Apparently she felt that there should be another reason, so I had to spout out some crap about glare to satisfy her. I swear I'll get her riding yet!!!!

calltrex

Has anyone painted or tinted the raised clear yamaha windscreen?

I ordered the clear raised one. should be here within the week.

M76

I ordered the raised clear windscreen online; I'll be picking it up next weekend. I'll definitely post a review on here as I've done quite a bit of highway riding since I got the bike and I'm hoping this will improve things. I'm not expecting a drastic change, but a reduction in force to my head and chest would be great. Mind you, I'm only 5'6" tall.

Heineken

Elite Member

cavcuz05

i got the yami black double bubble

pyrocpu

OK, so here is my bike, with the standard screen:
FZ6R.jpg

Same, with photochopped body-colored screen:
image.jpg

I think I'm just going w/ the clear double bubble. :D

It looked better in my head... I swear!

JonKerr

Elite Member

pyrocpu

Agreed.
I'm ordering the clear double bubble from my dealer tomorrow.

While I do like the dark tinted unit, I prefer the added functionality of a 1" taller screen, plus the fact that it's 30% cheaper than the tinted one sealed the deal for me... :)

CGENGO

Is the fire hydrant always sticking out of the gas tank?

JonKerr

Elite Member

Pompatuse

Maybe he was drinking heavily and had trouble with the screwdriver? I'm just sayin...

cavcuz05

A couple of Hours? :confused: :confused:

It's 6 plastic screws. What could have taken that long?
thats what i was thinking but i didnt want to say anything:shakehead:

JonKerr

Elite Member