Yamaha Windscreen

JonKerr

Elite Member

porky45

hahah...enough talk! just do it!

I will warn you that it looks MUCH different when looking down at the clusters, it feel like alot is missing at first, but then you get used to it.

oh... you'll be the only one in the area with that combo that hasn't laid their bike down!!! :banghead:

Newmason

Well after some miles after putting on the screen on thursday, I do have to say it makes a world of difference on your shoulders and chest area. I dont feel as if I am being pushed around by the wind as much if at all anymore. Low speeds under 40 are a pure plessure, dont hardly notice any wind, but above that you do notice it a bit more. All in all best money spent on the bike yet! Although everyone is right, takes 4 minutes to change out the screens and 30 minutes to take off the stupid sticker! I went the picking and heating route with a bit of go gone xtreme to help loosen up the sticky. All in all, great addition to the bike! Oh yeah, I picked up the clear double bubble

MikeN02

Well after some miles after putting on the screen on thursday, I do have to say it makes a world of difference on your shoulders and chest area. I dont feel as if I am being pushed around by the wind as much if at all anymore. Low speeds under 40 are a pure plessure, dont hardly notice any wind, but above that you do notice it a bit more. All in all best money spent on the bike yet! Although everyone is right, takes 4 minutes to change out the screens and 30 minutes to take off the stupid sticker! I went the picking and heating route with a bit of go gone xtreme to help loosen up the sticky. All in all, great addition to the bike! Oh yeah, I picked up the clear double bubble
Those with the Yamaha Double Bubble, I just have a couple questions.

The Clear is the 1 inch taller correct? What about the tinted?

Is there still the buzzing vibration from the windshield going low rpms?

Roaddawg

Those with the Yamaha Double Bubble, I just have a couple questions.

The Clear is the 1 inch taller correct? What about the tinted?

Is there still the buzzing vibration from the windshield going low rpms?
If you look at the first page of this thread, I have pics of the stocker next to the clear DB. They look the same in size but with the curve of the DB, when it's mounted and you look at the bike from the side, that is where the inch taller comes from. (measured from the ground up to the top of the windshield...if that makes sense!?) You won't be disappointed with either the clear or tinted DB over stock. Smooths the air out around you and no vibrations. Plus, it looks a hell of a lot better.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

porky45

I have the tinted DB...still trying to find out wherethe buzz is coming from. I had it fixed last weekend with some foam, but now it's back!:mad:

Pompatuse

Here some pics of my windscreen. I took the stock one and gave it a new look. The sides (where it is rougher inside) are still clear. I thought this looked good with the black screws. Also, the rim is still clear, which also gives it an interesting look. If anyone likes this I would be happy to explain in detail how to do it. It is ridiculously easy and, in my opinion, looks great! I also included a pic of my faithful assistant.

dtrey28

Here some pics of my windscreen. I took the stock one and gave it a new look. The sides (where it is rougher inside) are still clear. I thought this looked good with the black screws. Also, the rim is still clear, which also gives it an interesting look. If anyone likes this I would be happy to explain in detail how to do it. It is ridiculously easy and, in my opinion, looks great! I also included a pic of my faithful assistant.

Looks cool and cute kid. I vote you pull off the warning sticker. That will complete the look. Of all the stickers on the bike it is easiest one to get rid of.

Pompatuse

Looks cool and cute kid. I vote you pull off the warning sticker. That will complete the look. Of all the stickers on the bike it is easiest one to get rid of.
Good call! I'll peel it off in the morning when all of this Scotch has worn off...mmmm....Scotch.....

JZIPPOZ

seriously, why does yamaha put the pointless warning sticker on the double bubble windscreen. after spending about 20 minutes burning my fingers trying to get the sticker off, i figured an extremely easy way to get the sticker off completely with hardly/no residue left behind. Just take a blowdryer and have it on the entire time you are doing this. place the blowdryer underneath the windscreen under the sicker and let it warm for about 20 seconds. keep the blowdryer on under the sticker and begin to peel the sticker off. Mine came off pretty quickly after i started to do it this way and the little residue left behidn i jsut used the sticker to dab the left over clue, and it lifted everything right up

arkkornkid

Crazy, I just did the exact same thing to my windscreen Saturday. Looks so much better, and while driving at night the gauges are much easier to see with no glare from street lights.

pyrocpu

What was used? Automotive window tint?

arkkornkid

What was used? Automotive window tint?
Krylon Fusion spray paint (made for painting plastic).... took about 6 light layers to fully black it out followed by 3 layers of clear to help protect it.

pyrocpu

Right on.
I was thinking of just using Plasti-Dip on the backside of the windscreen!

arkkornkid

Right on.
I was thinking of just using Plasti-Dip on the backside of the windscreen!
I used and recommend satin black, it helps to cut down on anything reflecting on the underside, while still looking glossy from the front.

pyrocpu

Gotcha. Yeah, Plasti-Dip would be flat black everywhere, front & rear.

I wonder though, then, if anyone's painted their windscreens the same color as their bike?? I wonder what that would look like.

Pompatuse

Gotcha. Yeah, Plasti-Dip would be flat black everywhere, front & rear.

I wonder though, then, if anyone's painted their windscreens the same color as their bike?? I wonder what that would look like.
It would look like...um...the same color. Sorry, but I couldn't resist. I used a spray paint by Rustoleum that is made for plastics. You want to tape off the edges with masking tape to avoid over-spray, of course. The paint was about 5 or 6 bucks at Home Depot. It was sooooo easy and looks sooooo much better. It was also soooooo cheap to do, which my wife likes.

pyrocpu

Haha... clearly it would look like the bike color! But you know, sometimes things are better in theory than in practice... wondered if this was one of those things. :)

The painting of the taller bubble windscreen accomplishes two tasks though: tinted look + the added functionality of another 1"!