Yamaha Sport Scoops

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I got a set of used Euro scoops for the FZ1. Well, they usually come the color of your bike but these were used and red, not blue. I was going to paint them to match the blue but after looking at them, I decided I didn't want to extend the "look" of the fairing and take away from the naked-feel of the FZ1... So I painted them satin black to match the frame and engine instead. It covers the radiator and top of the engine and ties in the frame nicely. It's not for some but I like the outcome! Also shots of the wife's slammed FZ1 in her custom purple paint... She's got a CF Two Bros coming tomorrow to replace the stock canon......enjoy!

Attachments

JSP

Super Moderator
Love your bikes man!!! The wife's FZ is looking sick as well! Great job on them both :thumbup:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Great looking bikes! What brand seat is that on her bike if I may ask?
It is actually my seat but I let her use them more than I do. ;) Those are from Top Sellerie, sellerie moto and I've had them on the last three bikes I've owned and they are by far the most comfortable seats I've ever owned. I'm about to order a set for her bike so I can have these back. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Both bikes look great.

However, comparing the two, yours looks like an anorexic while hers is a brute. :D
Yeah, mine is undressed and hers is all dressed up. She's got very little mods done and I've got a bunch.

Fenixgoon

Wow I love that piece you have on the bottom of the FZ1. Absolutely fantastic!!!

Both bikes look great :thumbsup:

ksanbon

Great work on both of them. The lower scoop completes the sporty nature of your bike, & I totally agree w/ your decsion to paint the upper ones black. Love it!

Bert-Aus

Nice work!
That lower angle shot works really well to show off the lines of the bike

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
My wife ordered for me on Monday night the Penske 8983 rear shock with the remote reservoir as seen here along with some heavier Racetech springs for the forks (1.0kg) to firm up the front. ;) What a woman!!!

For her, we got the Evotech Exhaust hanger like the one on my bike and a Two Bros CF Black series slip-on. I also got her her own TS seats ordered so I can have the ones on her bike back on my bike. ;)

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Stunning!!! Absolutely stunning to say the least!!!

By the way your wife's bike looks great too, it looks like a fjr1300 had sex with a r1 and that's the product of there one night stand...

ajskillz13

By the way your wife's bike looks great too, it looks like a fjr1300 had sex with a r1 and that's the product of there one night stand...
I was gonna say it looked like a Hayabusa... but I think you nailed it!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
No real big trips for the season but hope to take on many weekend get-aways. Harder with the two dogs now... I just got back from Florida where I spent two weeks with a friend who is retired and owns an '08 FZ1 and a '10 Concours C14. I got to ride either/or bike for the whole two weeks. Now i don't have a lot of vacation time left and most of it is scheduled for next Xmas/New Years.

Hahahaha! I love the FJR/R1 one night stand comment! That is PERFECT Chevyfazer!!! :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I can say with all honesty that my wife has a BEAUTIFUL CAN! ;) So it arrived but I'm waiting on the P1X tip and Evotech bracket. Those should be here tomorrow. Saturday, I can mount this up and remove her stock can and pillion pegs! I'm also going to be installing the marine-grade power sockets.

Attachments

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
She decided that with my guidance, she would install her own exhaust. I only helped with a couple of bolts that were really hard to remove. Now, she knows her way around a toolbox. I had her build her own small block 350 back in 1989 from the bare block up.

Also of note. 18 lbs came off the bike in parts. But only 4 lbs, 7 ozs went back on. She shaved 13 lbs, 9 ozs weight off the bike!!! Nice gain in power to weight ratio!

New can is on!!!

Blocking the AIS

New Power outlet installed (and you can see the heated grips switch)

All buttoned up!

A pair of FZ1 bikes with Two Brothers cans. BTW, I have the P4 tip and she has the P1X tip. They don't sound a whole lot different to me though.

This production brought to you from the following:

Attachments