Yamaha fz6r vs ninja 300

MattEnTheHat

Right?! Shocked the hell out of me when that's what they quoted me. Had to double check everything just in case they gave me a quote on the wrong bike or the numbers were wrong but it all looked right so I ran with it. 100/300/100 with a $500 deductible. State Farm did me well. Funny they could't give me a great deal on my car though. But check them out and call different agents. Different offices seem to give different quotes.
That is indeed tempting. The thought that someone could take my bike and I'd have no returns drives me nuts. I can't afford another bike, but there's no way I could live without one either! For $35/month I might have to upgrade from just liability...

lark

That is indeed tempting. The thought that someone could take my bike and I'd have no returns drives me nuts. I can't afford another bike, but there's no way I could live without one either! For $35/month I might have to upgrade from just liability...
26/f in GA, new rider this year. Got new 2-13 fz6r from dealer 3 weeks ago. I have full coverage, 1k deductible, theft and permissive use. I pay $86/mo. I have car, bike, renter's bundled together. To put this in perspective, my 2004 Buell Blast 500cc I had from feb/April was 35/mo for liability. Not a big difference to get full coverage if you ask me. My loan payment includes another theft coverage, gap and accident insurance too. My out the door price was $6564 including ad valorem and all. obvi insurance will vary for bike, gender, and history of rider, but I think I got a pretty good deal with it.

OP what did you end up doing last year?
I bought a Buell blast 500cc in feb and loved it, $1200. It served me well. Laid it down on a 2 lane when a car boxed me in. Was very glad I hadn't spent too much on it. The other person's insurance ended up paying me out $1350 for the totalled bike.

Anyways, I just got the FZ6R, and being 5'7 with not super long legs, I am missing flat footing the buell. I have had some sketchy instances just in my driveway trying to maneuver the FZ. once I get riding though, I am blown away by the bike. I feel so comfortable on it. I like the torque. I am waiting to get an aftermarket exhaust, but looking forward to the noise it will make once I can crank on it after break in is over.

I was disappointed when I had my wreck that I didn't have enough confidence in my Buell to be able to out manuever that car. I was level with the driver, trying to stay out of the blind spot, and she just didn't turn her head to look next to her. That bike didn't have a lot to give in terms of pick up in a pinch.

latony007

26/f in GA, new rider this year. Got new 2-13 fz6r from dealer 3 weeks ago. I have full coverage, 1k deductible, theft and permissive use. I pay $86/mo. I have car, bike, renter's bundled together. To put this in perspective, my 2004 Buell Blast 500cc I had from feb/April was 35/mo for liability. Not a big difference to get full coverage if you ask me. My loan payment includes another theft coverage, gap and accident insurance too. My out the door price was $6564 including ad valorem and all. obvi insurance will vary for bike, gender, and history of rider, but I think I got a pretty good deal with it.

OP what did you end up doing last year?
I bought a Buell blast 500cc in feb and loved it, $1200. It served me well. Laid it down on a 2 lane when a car boxed me in. Was very glad I hadn't spent too much on it. The other person's insurance ended up paying me out $1350 for the totalled bike.

Anyways, I just got the FZ6R, and being 5'7 with not super long legs, I am missing flat footing the buell. I have had some sketchy instances just in my driveway trying to maneuver the FZ. once I get riding though, I am blown away by the bike. I feel so comfortable on it. I like the torque. I am waiting to get an aftermarket exhaust, but looking forward to the noise it will make once I can crank on it after break in is over.

I was disappointed when I had my wreck that I didn't have enough confidence in my Buell to be able to out manuever that car. I was level with the driver, trying to stay out of the blind spot, and she just didn't turn her head to look next to her. That bike didn't have a lot to give in terms of pick up in a pinch.
Glad you came out if it ok, there is a lowering link you can put in the FZ6R fairly cheap, being short i know what you mean (your a girl so your not). I eventually got used to not being completly flat foot and it really doesnt bother me anymore but the link is out there if you want to try it. Seems like its not to costly either.

RedRider

Anyways, I just got the FZ6R, and being 5'7 with not super long legs, I am missing flat footing the buell. I have had some sketchy instances just in my driveway trying to maneuver the FZ. once I get riding though, I am blown away by the bike. I feel so comfortable on it.

Practice low speed maneuvering. Cut up some tennis balls in half and find an empty parking lot to practice in. Learning to come to a complete stop and balance for a sec without putting your foot down helped me get more confident in not having to flat foot it.

jocampo

I want your guys opinion I'm a new rider and I can get either one of these bikes for about 4500$ brand new. The only difference would be about 3x more for insurance on the fz6r do you think it's worth getting it or stick to the slightly cheaper path of the 300 I'm also considering a used 650r and ER-6.

Had two Ninjas 250 before my other three bikes, which include:

-Street Triple
-fz6r
-Bonneville SE

And I don't regret getting the 250 1st. It gave me the confidence and skills I need in order to ride a bigger bike.

Some people jump directly to a bigger engine, but you need to be careful if you're a new rider. Bikes are not cars. A mistake can cost your life or brain (not trying to scare you though)

Also, statistically speaking, if this is your 1st bike won't be your last ;-). So no matter what you get, you'll probably will sell it soon. 250s are great for that. You get one used, and sell for the same or even more.

Ride safe!