Yamaha Comfort Grips with FZ6R logo

BKP

Cramp Buster. $6 at Cyclegear.

latony007

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

HelmetHair

I have never had to cut the progrips to keep from rubbing. I assume the people that said that installed them incorrectly.
No, I most definitely installed them correctly. After 22 years of motorcycling I am pretty sure I now how to install grips. Both the Spider Peak grips and the Progrip 719's are about 5mm longer than the stock grips on my 2012 Fz6r and require either trimming the throttle grip or relocating the switchgear on the throttle side up by 5mm, requiring drilling some new holes in the bar.

I am not sure if Yamaha started using shorter grips and setting up the bars accordingly or what, but it is definitely an issue for some.

latony007

what about the blinkers

Scott were you able to view the blinker link I sent? those the same ones?

New 2X Motorcycle 11LED Turn Signals Indicator Flush Mount Light Amber | eBay

as for the relay why does one have a wire and one not? Do I need to supply the wire for the amazon one or does it not need it? Sorry for all these questions you guys probably all know and have answered a 1000 times.

as for the grips it will be on to the fz6r logos I guess if these don't fit. im not cutting them to look crappy and im certainly not drilling holes in the bars. Im scared ill mess something up taking off the seat or fairings lol

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

r0ar

Has anyone tried these Yamaha "comfort" grips with the logo? My hands sure seem to get numb or bothered faster than other bikes I have had. Anyone have these? Are they any better than the stock? reduce vibration or wrist fatigue etc? The other option I was looking at was the kuryakan 6344 with the throttle boss. Im sure they would be more comfy but not so sport bike looking. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
If these are the ones I have with the FZ6R letters on it, I have the white ones and they faded really quickly sadly. I find it to be slightly better then they normal stock ones.