Yamaha Comfort Grips with FZ6R logo

latony007

Has anyone tried these Yamaha "comfort" grips with the logo? My hands sure seem to get numb or bothered faster than other bikes I have had. Anyone have these? Are they any better than the stock? reduce vibration or wrist fatigue etc? The other option I was looking at was the kuryakan 6344 with the throttle boss. Im sure they would be more comfy but not so sport bike looking. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

flush mounts

hey I hate to change the subject but I like those flush mounts you have on your bike, much bigger than others I have seen. Can you tell me where you got those and how you like them? Do they have three wires and work as running lights too?

Ill take a look at those grips you mentioned but I really like the logo on the others :) and I can get a pair for only like 22$ the Kuraykan are like 80

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

latony007

instalation

Scott one more question, how did they mount onto the fairings? did you have to drill or anything? most of the smaller ones have that big plastic nut that you just screw on from the back but I cant tell with these. I was thinking about something in the front too but seems like you would still have trouble seeing them from front angles. I was considering the mirrors with blinkers to supplement the flush mount.

Rabbit:
thanks for the link. I may check those out. comfy is more important than the fZ6r logo :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

thanks

thanks a lot for your guys help. I have only had the bike about 3 weeks so trying to make it a little more me and a little more comfy :)

You guys know if the other duo density grips from pro grip are the same comfort as the 719? just different looks?

xleeb0y13x

I got them off Amazon, but Ebay has them as well. Amazon.com: Universal Motorcycle Led Turn Signal Flush Mount Light NEW A: Automotive

They are two wire, but you can make them running lights with a magic blinkers. Custom LED Blinker Genie Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire

I have the magic blinkers hooked to mine. I also added led strips in the air scoops because the flushmounts have poor visibility from the front of the bike. All the flushmounts have pretty poor front visibility.
It's strange but the led's I just put in the front are only a two wire and still have running lights. Not the case with most I take it?

Sent from the second bathroom stall to the left.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

mblue0122

I've got grips you are referring to and I would say that they are no better than the stock grips. Would recommend trying some of the other mentioned items first. They are cheaper and likely better than the Yamaha grips.

latony007

bummer

I was afraid someone was going to say that. now im seeing people say the spider or pro grips have to be cut to keep from rubbing against the bar end. I was also looking at kuryakan iso because I love the metal throttle boss which I have on my cruiser but Im guessing with those you would have to remove the bar ends completely. So basically im back to square 1!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

stock bars

I have the stock bars with risers that pivot back a bit cause Im a midget, 5'5'. im not familiar with the clip ons. Although I learned to ride as a kid and have riden my whole life this is my first sportbike.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

latony007

on order

well I hope so because based on your guys recommendation I bought the spider peak black. Thanks a lot for the recommendations will let you know how it goes. Scott I really like the look of your bike especially with the flush mounts. so correct me if im wrong I need the following...

the blinkers (20)
flasher relay (20)
magic blinker thing (25)
oem wire connectors (6)

and that's if I don't mind poor visability from the front. And the blinkers just screw on from behind and I could possible install this whole set up myself?

mikebaileyvienna

Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Y

yellowfz

Tony, I had them on my FZ6R for a while, and honestly, while they are better than stock, they have nothing on the Pro Grip 719's:

Pro Grip RVGS Gel Grip 719 - RevZilla

The Pro Grip's are cheaper and waaaaay more comfy.
I have never had to cut the progrips to keep from rubbing. I assume the people that said that installed them incorrectly.
Yep running the Pro-Grips 719 in Yellow and Black, no cutting required. I did have to use wire to wire them on, grip glue would not hold with them for some reason I suppose they are so flexible, there are wire slots made into the grips and I just used a thin wire, nothing new use to wire MX grips on all the time, work great ever since.
One thing I love is they are just sticky enough that with gloves on you can release your grip on the throttle and just rest your hand there and the throttle will stay because there is a slight tackiness, nothing to great, it just kind of grips to the leather slightly.