WTB: Stock FZ-6R Foot Pegs

J

jetskier

Anyone buying some aftermarket ones and want to sell me your stock ones?

xplodnstar

There is a set up on eBay now. Looks like someone had to part out a bike. :(

sattler02

im thinking of buying aftermarket pegs but not sure when bbut if i do soon within the week or so ill let you know

MikeN02

im thinking of buying aftermarket pegs but not sure when bbut if i do soon within the week or so ill let you know
Give me a few links to a couple after market ones that fit our bike without having to drill anything and when I do decide on some I'll probably send you mine, all you need to do is pay shipping.

njdan

Has anyone bought any after market foot pegs? Post up a few pictures if you bought some, or any links to what we can use on our bikes.

Spunky99

Spunky99

I installed them today.

2 issues.
First off the spring is a tad large and it sticks up as you can see in the pics.
Second, the flat spot that keeps the foot pegs level is 1/8" shorter than stock so the pegs hang down.

I don't care about the spring issue as it really doesn't bother me so I went to the hardware store to see what I could do to get the pegs level.

I found a 1/8" X 1/2" flat brass strip and cut 2, 13/16" lengths to match the width of the stock peg mount. I scratched up the brass pieces on one side and did the same to the aluminum mount. I mixed up a little JB weld, put a thin coat on the brass pieces and put them behind the flat spot on the pegs. The spring pressure is perfect to hold the brass pieces while they dry in position.
The brass cuts like butter and makes an excellent base for the pegs and they are level and very secure. You really have to look to see the brass pieces and a shot of black semi gloss paint will hide them perfectly.

You can get the pegs in different anodized colors. Red, blue, silver, titanium, gold, black. The pegs are threaded on a long threaded piece that is part of the base that swivels. I used blue locktite on the threads to keep them from unscrewing although they seem like they will stay put without any Locktite.

Minor modification and the pegs are great.

Bruno

I installed them today.

2 issues.
First off the spring is a tad large and it sticks up as you can see in the pics.
Second, the flat spot that keeps the foot pegs level is 1/8" shorter than stock so the pegs hang down.

I don't care about the spring issue as it really doesn't bother me so I went to the hardware store to see what I could do to get the pegs level.

I found a 1/8" X 1/2" flat brass strip and cut 2, 13/16" lengths to match the width of the stock peg mount. I scratched up the brass pieces on one side and did the same to the aluminum mount. I mixed up a little JB weld, put a thin coat on the brass pieces and put them behind the flat spot on the pegs. The spring pressure is perfect to hold the brass pieces while they dry in position.
The brass cuts like butter and makes an excellent base for the pegs and they are level and very secure. You really have to look to see the brass pieces and a shot of black semi gloss paint will hide them perfectly.

You can get the pegs in different anodized colors. Red, blue, silver, titanium, gold, black. The pegs are threaded on a long threaded piece that is part of the base that swivels. I used blue locktite on the threads to keep them from unscrewing although they seem like they will stay put without any Locktite.

Minor modification and the pegs are great.
Are you talking about the rear or the front pegs? I recently bought (Still waiting) the rear R6 pegs to use on the passenger footrest on my XJ6. Do you think it will fit or will i have to do any adjustment? I bought the complete hardware cuz i lost the rear left footpeg when i crashed. I even had to replace the bracket that holds the front and rear left footpegs cuz it broke right where my rear footpeg hangs, if you know what i mean... See the product:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260987322377?item=260987322377&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:US:3160&vxp=mtr

Thanks,

Bruno

Bruno

Are you talking about the rear or the front pegs? I recently bought (Still waiting) the rear R6 pegs to use on the passenger footrest on my XJ6. Do you think it will fit or will i have to do any adjustment? I bought the complete hardware cuz i lost the rear left footpeg when i crashed. I even had to replace the bracket that holds the front and rear left footpegs cuz it broke right where my rear footpeg hangs, if you know what i mean... See the product:

Rear Footrests Foot pegs YAMAHA YZF R6 1999-2012 R6S 03-08 04 05 06 07 10 00 | eBay

Thanks,

Bruno
Nobody knows if the rear R6 footpegs fit the FZ6R?