Would you want to be a sponsor of WOLFMAN RACING

Wavex

Well we can't all go to the track.Wolfman is going to have his chance,and by helping him out to do that I get to feel like i'm apart of his race team (fictional or not) it's real to me. and i'm helping make it happen,and if that's weird to you so be it.people buy poster's of racer's and wear their favorite team jersy's when they watch sport's and here in louisiana we have a huge dirt track racing scene where people build junkers into race cars in their home garages and they have their own t-shirts and call themselves race teams no one has a problem with it around here.they are sponsored by private citizen's and local shop's and grocery stores .I want to sponser Wolfman Racing (Larger than life and twice as ugly!):D
I don't think it's weird that you want to help your friend, it's your money do with it what you like. What's weird though is that you're asking other ppl to donate their money based on the fact that they'll be part of a race team... the only problem is that there is no race team! there is no race, there's no racer, championship, exposure, nothing! There's just a dude who's going to the track (with or without your help btw) :) you see what I mean?

Anyway, that's just what I think so please keep going with your fund raiser... I hope Wolfman gets enough money to buy another bike :D

On a side note, why can't you go to the track yourself?

S

shreveport1

I don't think it's weird that you want to help your friend, it's your money do with it what you like. What's weird though is that you're asking other ppl to donate their money based on the fact that they'll be part of a race team... the only problem is that there is no race team! there is no race, there's no racer, championship, exposure, nothing! There's just a dude who's going to the track (with or without your help btw) :) you see what I mean?

Anyway, that's just what I think so please keep going with your fund raiser... I hope Wolfman gets enough money to buy another bike :D

On a side note, why can't you go to the track yourself?
Allright i see what the problem is.have you ever done something for someone else without having expectation's of something in return?I see a 40 year old man not much different from myself with a second hand race bike who want's to go to the track,and he may not be hurting for money,but he's deffinitaly not made of it.I saw a chance were I could help him to realize his dream,and not one reason why i should'nt.Wolfman never asked anybody for anything,and all Ive asked of anyone is would they want to help him also .if you read the post you will see this is the shared belief.and who know's he could be realy good at it!(oh yeah the only track near me was closed down after they leased the mineral right's to a natural gas company)so unless i build my own track i'm not goin racing.

S

shreveport1

Allright i see what the problem is.have you ever done something for someone else without having expectation's of something in return?I see a 40 year old man not much different from myself with a second hand race bike who want's to go to the track,and he may not be hurting for money,but he's deffinitaly not made of it.I saw a chance were I could help him to realize his dream,and not one reason why i should'nt.Wolfman never asked anybody for anything,and all Ive asked of anyone is would they want to help him also .if you read the post you will see this is the shared belief.and who know's he could be realy good at it!(oh yeah the only track near me was closed down after they leased the mineral right's to a natural gas company)so unless i build my own track i'm not goin racing.
P.S. our race team is too real!!we've got a rider a bike and soon to be on a track!

Wavex

I give up. Never mind my posts! Just do your thing. Everybody send money to Wolfman!

I just hope that we don't see fund raiser threads for ppl going to the track every other day, because it'll get old quickly...

F

Fz6Sa

I just hope that we don't see fund raiser threads for ppl going to the track every other day, because it'll get old quickly...
ROFL,- that would be priceless :)

I for one would like to line up for that, - here in Denmark we have 1 track in the whole country, - and access to it is extremely limited due to some really complicated noise regulation rules. (Not kidding, - track days here are really hard to find, - you will have to go to Germany or Sweden to get it)

So besides the track-days, I will be needing plane tickets, and air cargo for the bike :)

S

shreveport1

I give up. Never mind my posts! Just do your thing. Everybody send money to Wolfman!

Thankyou,Wavex:Flash:

Wavex

ROFL,- that would be priceless :)

I for one would like to line up for that, - here in Denmark we have 1 track in the whole country, - and access to it is extremely limited due to some really complicated noise regulation rules. (Not kidding, - track days here are really hard to find, - you will have to go to Germany or Sweden to get it)

So besides the track-days, I will be needing plane tickets, and air cargo for the bike :)
Just pm shreveport1, he'll get you everything you need for your race team!!! (except for the race, and the team :rof:)

F

FZ6 Tas

I would like to say that reading Wolfmans post earlier he was uneasy himself about all this.
Secondly in Australia there is a series called the FZ6 masters cup (used to be FZ6 Cup). This race series is one of the cheapest series to become involved in and supports racers that are just starting to get into the sport. I am sure with some training and support the Wolf could get himself into this series (if he has the balls). I for one would love to see him go around my home track of Symmons Plains in a FZ6 Forum sponsored machine, if it did happen I would feel like a fool for not helping him out to begin with (which I am not because I need my money for my family).

Good luck Wolfy and I hope this doesn't turn sour for ya

J

jsteinb95

shreveport1,

I agree with David (Wavex) 100%, BUT....

if you're gonna do this, you should change the title of the thread....right now it is misleading. "A sponsor of Wolfman racing." (I was confused too, about a real team or not). It should be, "donations for Wolfman to see his first track day." or something like that.

Wolfman

OK, time for me to speak up...am out of town, so have not been on my PC, WOW, what a $*** storm!

Ok, i agree with Wavex, i have not even raced yet, but i do intend to...but until then i think it would be a good idea to hold any money that anyone decides to donate in my paypal account, and if it does not eventuate, then i can reverse all the payments....or better still, i think all donations should stop, if there have been anyway...and if there has, then i will reverse them.

Remember, this thread was set up as a test thread, and i was, and still am uneasy with it...for 2 reasons, 1. it's not happened yet, and 2. Most people have much better things to spend their money on than some guy who wants to go racing....

Also, none of this has been OK'd by Dennis (Admin)....which if anything was to happen, i think we should have his blessing.

Dont get mad with Shreveport...he was just trying to do a good thing, as obviously he likes the idea...all power to you Buddy...But sometimes life isnt that simple...

So, lets not bicker...we are here to shoot the breeze, and talk about what we all love ...riding our bikes...

I think as a test thread, this thread has served a purpose...as it has showed that there are mixed emotions on this issue.

Thanks to Shreveport for putting it out there, and thanks to Wavex for pointing out the shortcomings of such a plan....both deserve respect for speaking up.

Now, i am off to the business of getting my bike sorted, so i can go to Race School, and hopefully get my act together enough to Race in something like, or even the FZ6 Cup...which is a very real option.

:thumbup:

H

Humperdinkel

OK, time for me to speak up...am out of town, so have not been on my PC, WOW, what a $*** storm!

Ok, i agree with Wavex, i have not even raced yet, but i do intend to...but until then i think it would be a good idea to hold any money that anyone decides to donate in my paypal account, and if it does not eventuate, then i can reverse all the payments....or better still, i think all donations should stop, if there have been anyway...and if there has, then i will reverse them.

Remember, this thread was set up as a test thread, and i was, and still am uneasy with it...for 2 reasons, 1. it's not happened yet, and 2. Most people have much better things to spend their money on than some guy who wants to go racing....

Also, none of this has been OK'd by Dennis (Admin)....which if anything was to happen, i think we should have his blessing.

Dont get mad with Shreveport...he was just trying to do a good thing, as obviously he likes the idea...all power to you Buddy...But sometimes life isnt that simple...

So, lets not bicker...we are here to shoot the breeze, and talk about what we all love ...riding our bikes...

I think as a test thread, this thread has served a purpose...as it has showed that there are mixed emotions on this issue.

Thanks to Shreveport for putting it out there, and thanks to Wavex for pointing out the shortcomings of such a plan....both deserve respect for speaking up.

Now, i am off to the business of getting my bike sorted, so i can go to Race School, and hopefully get my act together enough to Race in something like, or even the FZ6 Cup...which is a very real option.

Well said Jamie , couldnt agree more :thumbup:....Rest assured though , if it all happens you will find some of my hard earned heading your way :rockon:....I for one would be front row at any QLD raceway round of the FZ6 cup you compete in , even though i already do go to see it :D....Atleast i'd then have someone worth :cheer: :cheer: for :D

F

FZ6 Tas

When the wolfman is racing the FZ6 Cup (which i know he will), I'll be there with the cheer squad, the pit crew and accommodation for the bike and the man when he does the Tassie round.:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Actually might take a raincheck on the cheerleaders the wife said she won't do it unless you look like Chris Vermulan

N

necrotimus

Wolfman you can keep the money I donated because I didn't donate it to join a racing team. I donated to give someone some extra money to help out with the expenses of trying to fulfill a dream.

There are other people on the forum who go to track days and are defintely more skilled but I don't believe any of them are talking about doing it for more than a hobby. Don't get me wrong I have a great admiration for everyone who has the determination and skill to get on the track with other riders and I eagerly look for your photos and reports but here is a member who is considering taking it further than just track days.

I would love to see someone we all know do a little more than just some trackdays and if my donation helps Wolfman move beyond just trackdays then great. If the idea only goes as far as a few laps, pictures of a yellow bike, and they boys down under get some beers then thats great too.

I donated to try and give someone a little bit of help to try and go a little further while they are just starting out because big ideas go farther when they are supported.

Good luck to wolfman and everyone else involved.

O

ozzieboy

It did all seem to happen a little fast...lol. I reckon holding off is a good option until you know if you've got all that is needed to move around the country racing. I really am hoping you can get into the FZ6 cup racing and am pretty confident that you can. After all, chasing the Z1000 with a rider capable of good, consistent times at Mallala shows a certain level of skill already there without training, but there's more to it than having a bike and riding fast (although that will certainly help....lol.)

Looks like I'll have to boff up on the lekkie system. Otherwise I'm stuck with holding a brolly in a mankini...lol.

Thanks to Shreveport too for showing his support for Wolfman:thumbup:.

It seems most off the Aussies are dead keen on seeing him in the FZ6 cup so they can go see him race.:rockon: (Me included..lol)

Thanks also to Wavex for (very diplomatically) getting the excitement under control.:thumbup:

Of course this means I'll have to go out and get some leathers and sticky track tires. Can't have you thinking a yellow bike is faster than a blue one...lol.:spank::spank::spank:.

Here's hoping this thread comes back to life later 'cause Wolfman starts racing in the FZ6 cup:rockon::D

Cheers
Mike

Wavex

Thanks Jamie for the pm and the answer in this thread. As mentioned in my previous posts, I wasn't trying to shoot this idea down... I was just trying to clarify the situation because I for one had no idea what was really going on (I seriously thought that I had missed a thread talking about Wolfy's real racing team, going into a real local championship or something)...

Anyway, if you indeed do a few track days and realize you have the skills to participate in the FZ6 cup, I`ll be the first to support you! That would mean a real sponsorship, with exposure, real racing, and real expenses :) supporting you do that would be great stuff! and it would be a lot of fun for all of us to follow your adventures in a real racing scene!

Keep us updated and good luck!

Wolfman

Thanks for all the considered , intelligent responses folks....got a little bit closer again today....bought myself a spare set of Racers Edge plastics, some tyre warmers, and a new FZ6 tank in black...so i can put that on my street bike, and get the old orange fixed (nasty dents from accident in December) this will become the spare tank for pinky.

Now i need to get a spare set of wheels...so that days at the track are not taken up changing tyres when the weather changes...anyone seen any secondhand ones cheap on E-Bay.

Also waiting for rices on race Tyres.....that should be scary!