would you do it

shocker35

Ok so now that I have a bulk of the riding gear its time to actually buy the bike. I love the way it feels so i figured since everyone loves this bike and i like it also to buy one. I want the black one and the one dealership offered me 5999 otd for the bike plus gap insurance for the length of the loan. The only catch is they said they have to do it by dec 31st or they probably cant do this deal again. Should i just pounce on it now and store it for the winter or should i wait it out until the end of jan when i wanted to. Since i live in MI riding season doesnt really start til march or april. Do u think he is just jerking me around and he will be able to do the deal again since its a black 09?

WenMark

Those bikes are selling for $4800 here in FL. OTD I don't know but you might want to negotiate some more then do it if that is what you want. I know they are clearing out as much inventory at year end so youmight get a good deal. Good Luck.

JSP

Super Moderator
here is one that is $4999. Most dealers have the 09 right now for $4999-5999... But with tax and all that I guess it could get up to $5999. He aint giving you no under the table deal. Wait if you want. You can prob get cheaper in a few months.

Current Inventory/Pre-Owned Inventory from Bright Powersports

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

shocker35

Well I waited and got the bike for $5,000 then with GAP insurance and things I will walk OTD for under $6,000. It was the same dealership but they gave me the "show pricing" since I saw them and the bike at the bike show. I wont be picking it up til march since the weather here in MI is not great so they will hold onto it and I get to pick it up when it gets warmer. Thank you for your advice guys and girls.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

i honestly would die if i couldn't ride for 3 months... @_@

congrats on the bike tho! :)

hopefully, in 3 months i'll be bike shopping too, but we shall see...

shocker35

that i do. i was thinking the fender eliminator first. the service guy at the dealership told me frame sliders are useless since they could catch a curbe and wreck the bike more and said the bolt that goes into the bike can pierce the motor and ruin it. Any thoughts? i asked the manufacturer and they said they never heard of anything like that

KamiKaziCalm

I've never heard that happening. I intended on having some put on when I get mine next month. I would to know if they can make a wreck too.

mike1000

that i do. i was thinking the fender eliminator first. the service guy at the dealership told me frame sliders are useless since they could catch a curbe and wreck the bike more and said the bolt that goes into the bike can pierce the motor and ruin it. Any thoughts? i asked the manufacturer and they said they never heard of anything like that
Lol...He sounds like a real mental giant! Hopefully it never happens but any part of the bike could "catch a curb". Also, an asteroid could possibly hit it! If he's worried about "piercing the motor", I wouldn't let him adjust the air in my tires! Get the sliders and protect your bike as much as you can.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

shocker35

is the model name for the fz6r really fz6ryb? or is that really the fz6

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

husker525

Get the frame sliders. I had the bike come loose in the trailer without sliders=$1800 in damage. Came loose again after I had sliders on it= no damage. Although I did spend another 30 dollars in tie down adapters and have not had it fall over a 3rd time. I am a slow learner .....LOL