Would anyone consider this......

iSpoolin

I'm not a fan of the seat, but i'd take one in black lol

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

oh heck yeah! honda's supersport is their RR series, and they still have CBR-F's, so looks like they are stretching the term sport tourer. their CBR-6's have always been great all around bikes

CrazyCawi

Id consider. It has a wet clutch thankfully. I like dart, do not think a bike can have touring in its name without a preset luggage kit on it. WTF HONDA lol

Ledgini

I actually test rode one of these the other day and am very very tempted. I have only owned my XJ6 since December 2010 and love it so shouldn't really be changing my bike but I don't know if I can remain strong enough to not buy one :)

There is less torque in the bike so you have to use the gears a lot more. As an example the XJ6/FZ6R sits at around 7000rpm at 70 ish MPH, meaning you can accelerate pretty quickly should you need to, to around 85-90 MPH. This is because you are already close to the top of the rev range.

The CBR600F sits at 7000rpm at 70 ish MPH also but will rev to 16,000RPM, so when you accelerate from 70mph in top gear it does not pick up any where close to the XJ6 /FZ6R towards the 85-90 MPH target. You need to be in a rev range of 9000RPM onwards to really feel the benefit of this bike, meaning you would have to downshift for a faster pick up.

Don't get me wrong though, when you get the hang of it, it is fricking awesome. Its is a much quicker bike overall. The acceleration from standing is fantastic. It is more of a sports bike than tourer so you lose the real world torque that the XJ6/FZ6R has low down the revs. BUT, I think it is worth it.

Its comfortable to ride, handles exceptionally well and is a bloody good bike overall. I took it to around 100MPH and the wind buffing on the freeway was much better that the XJ6/FZ6R due to the lower, more forward riding position. It was still comfortable at these high speeds.

If I can get a good deal I may well go for it,

The link below is the bike I am looking at, Its a little bit more special than standard :) Use the spinner thing to get a 360 view and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.doble.co.uk/cgi-bin/aspPages/theDoblesStore/latestNews/honda-cbr600f-repsol-deal-of-the-week-june-2011.asp

motoguy82

get the regular one, be happy, and save money. no need for a repsol replica....don't think they race these... unless you can get this for equal or less than a regular one, then go for it!

I'm glad this thread came up, because i was looking at trading for the fazer8 possibly (probably not). but have you considered it? they make a full fairing version in Europe of it, and it's about the same amount of HP, but probably more torque. have you ridden one of those to compare to the 600F?

Last edited:

speedracer51

I cant knock the fact that its a honda, they make a sound product. It just looks like an fz6r to me only in hondas version. And I don't consider it a touring. What ever you call a crotch rocket without the uncomfortable seating arrangement, thats what I call it.

CDN6R

Honda CB400 Super Bol dOr All Honda bikes
Honda CB400 Super Bol dOr ABS All Honda bikes
Honda CB400 Super Four All Honda bikes
Honda CB400 Super Four ABS All Honda bikes
Honda CB600F All Honda bikes
Honda CB600F ABS All Honda bikes
Honda CBF Stunner All Honda bikes
Honda CBF1000 All Honda bikes
Honda CBF1000 ABS All Honda bikes
Honda CBF125 All Honda bikes
Honda CBF600N All Honda bikes
Honda CBF600N ABS All Honda bikes
Honda CBF600S All Honda bikes
Honda CBF600S ABS All Honda bikes
Honda CBR1000RR All Honda bikes
Honda CBR1000RR ABS

Some we get some we don't

http://www.bikez.com/year/2011-motorcycle-models.php

Would love to try this:http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_yzf-r125_2011.php

Last edited:

motoguy82

Familiar with the F4i that was raced before the RR( same engine) came out? This is it all new and remastered.
yeah, actually I am. I rode my buddy's F4i home for him because he didn't have a license yet, and I liked it better than my 03 RR because of the relaxed riding position. this bike reminds me of the new version of the F4i. so is anyone racing this new version anywhere? doubt it. thanks. I'm a little tipsy.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

motoguy82

I test rode one today too. I agree with all the points that Ledgini said.

I noticed:
-the fairing seemed diminutive compared to the XJ6
-the bars are a bit lower and a bit more forward, but not nearly as much as a regular SS (I'd say midway between the two)
-the pegs are slightly higher, but not uncomfortable
-the brakes are noticeably stronger than the XJ6
-I liked the fact that the suspension is adjustable, even though I probably wouldn't take much advantage of it
-the low torque isn't nearly as pronounced as the XJ6, but the higher rpm's shine (like Ledgini said)
-overall the bike is more nimble feeling, may have to do with slightly sportier riding position
-the shifting was super smooth (test bike had 1200 miles +/- on it)
-believe it or not, I like the seat better...maybe I had a little less weight on my butt? Maybe the seat wasn't broken in as much? Who knows....my butt was a little sore from riding to the dealer, but it wasn't sore the whole time on this bike
-less engine noise...maybe because of the full fairing compared to mine? maybe because the bike had an aftermarket exhaust and I didn't notice the engine noise as much?
-top speed is much more than the XJ6, I got it to 205 km/hr going slightly uphill before traffic slowed me on the autobahn, and it had plenty more....I'd estimate it would top out on level ground around 230-240 km/hr, compared with my XJ6 which tops out at around 215 km/hr (not sure how much the speedo is off on the CBR, but mine is off about 12 km/hr at that speed)
-it is not quite as strong as my old 2003 CBR600RR, but it's much closer than the XJ6
-roll on in 6th gear from 100 km/hr to 150 km/hr was about 1.5 seconds quicker than the XJ6....I think it started getting into its power up around 130ish and pulled quicker after that, whereas the XJ6 pulled pretty linearly from 100 to 150

Overall, I was impressed. Again, I wish this bike would have been available when I bought my bike because honestly I'm a honda guy for dirtbikes and sportbikes, but I didn't like the CBF600 at all, and I knew I didn't like the egros of the 600/1000RR. 8900 euro is pretty steep, especially since I now have the XJ6 set up how I like it and I'd take a beating on trade in or even selling outright...that's probably the main reason I won't get the CBR....I'll lose too much money on my current bike. They don't seem to want to come down any either...could be my lack of German language skills though. Well, that's my opinion on the bike; take it for what it's worth. I would still like to try out the Fazer8 if I can find somewhere that will let me ride one though

Attachments

Last edited: