Woot! New Exhaust

ChasingSquid

Going to pick up a used(300 mi) TBR exhaust for 400 bucks tomorrow. Cant wait to get it back and install it! Its alum, not CF but imo the chrome exhaust will look pretty nice against the 2009 Raven. I have never installed an exhaust, and this is my first bike, gunna take a stab at installing it on my own. It looks pretty straight-forward.

Also just ordered a Juice Box Pro to go along with it...Should I wait for the JB to get here before i install the exhaust or does it not really matter?

Looking forward to no longer being silent!:D:D

Attachments

Just be careful when you tighten the new exhaust to the engine. Make sure you use a torque wrench. I would use 10 ft-lbs as the baseline. After the first 100-150 miles you should re-tighten again. The specification says 14 ft-lbs, but I think that is too tight and can risk breaking off one of the studs.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

ChasingSquid

Thanks for the advice, im planning on being super careful as i dont want to screw something up.

I suspect ill be back here with some specific questions when the time comes, same with the Juice Box. Hopefully it'll get here early next week.

bigddy263

Dude nice buy, nice price!

CrazyCawi

rook, new vids yet?

ChasingSquid

After about 2 hours of work, got the new exhaust as well as the jb pro wired up near the handlebars. Think it came out quite well, also now a lot more familiar with the innards of the bike.

Gwai lo 2.0

:thumbup: lookin good bro!

Sage

Looks good, and looks so much longer than mine =\

cavcuz05

it is longer...must have been one of the first gen's i know those where about 12in if im not mistaken...now they are about 9

Sage

got mine over a year ago, so they must have not lasted that length for too long lol

ChasingSquid

Yeah, when i first put it on i thought something was wrong because it came out longer than most of the others i have seen.

But it sure as hell sounds like everything is just right. Sooo loud, haha, its pretty awesome.

I hate my neighbor so im glad ill be waking her up now...muahahhahah

FZ6RGUY

Chasingsquid, where are you from? I am in fox lake volo area. I see you are in chicago.

ChasingSquid

Live in Wicker Park, in the city. I drive through fox lake all the time on my way up to lake geneva.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

bigddy263

nice scenery indeed.