Woodcraft Clip Ons

Synistah

Also, Just wondering.. As i live in Australia and the wait times for delivery from Woodcraft are insane to me i found these.

They fit the 41mm forks but not sure if they would fit the FZ6R as they dont mention the 1.5" rise.

XTECH Clip-on Handlebars [9798] - $149.95 : Motorcycle Accessories Supermarket for Harley, road & MX motorbikes

Im unable to find the correct bars with risers on the Woodcraft website, If anyone could provide a link it'd be awesome. Unless im looking wrong and the risers have to be bought seperately?

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

... fit the 41mm forks but not sure if they would fit the FZ6R as they dont mention the 1.5" rise.

XTECH Clip-on Handlebars [9798] - $149.95 : Motorcycle Accessories Supermarket for Harley, road & MX motorbikes

BY the looks of it they have no rise what-so-ever, which if you want to fit you would be dropping the front end by way too much to get clearance over the fairings.

Use the search tool you will find numerous postings regarding clip-onmods and how far is safe to drop the front end by

Synistah

So according to my local dealer mechanic, To install the Woodcraft clipons i purchased isn't as easy as i thought and apparently holes need to be drilled to fit everything. Can anyone confirm this is true?

I'm expecting my delivery on Monday and at $120/hr for a supposed 2 hours worth of work i'm starting to rethink this whole thing.

I was under the impression i just remove old bars, line up and clamp/bolt on the Woodcraft Clip-Ons then away i went.

Also, i had my forks lowered by 1.5" but someone saw my bike and said it doesnt look like theyve been lowered by 1.5" and are uneven. How can i measure my forks and where should they be measured from to confirm the 1.5" drop?

Cheers

Vulpine

So according to my local dealer mechanic, To install the Woodcraft clipons i purchased isn't as easy as i thought and apparently holes need to be drilled to fit everything. Can anyone confirm this is true?

I'm expecting my delivery on Monday and at $120/hr for a supposed 2 hours worth of work i'm starting to rethink this whole thing.

I was under the impression i just remove old bars, line up and clamp/bolt on the Woodcraft Clip-Ons then away i went.

Also, i had my forks lowered by 1.5" but someone saw my bike and said it doesnt look like theyve been lowered by 1.5" and are uneven. How can i measure my forks and where should they be measured from to confirm the 1.5" drop?

Cheers
I didn't have to drill any holes at all. I just dropped the front (raised the fork tubes up), measured for fit, and slid the clamps on, adjusted and tightened.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Kdubb223

Yeah I had to drill holes as well...the controls would just rotate and not fit snug without them.

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

BradSPE

I lowered the bike to the 1.5 inches for the clip ons that will be arriving tomorrow. Definitely over shot it as I was trying to push it down ever so slowly all of a sudden it would just plunge. My friend was able to lift the front of the bike up and I could push the forks back down and start over again. I don't have a lift or pully system set up in the garage. That being said, if you overshoot it was a relatively easy fix. They are at 1.5inches waiting for the clip ons. Going to move the horn and take off the controls today so I can get them on tomorrow without too much trouble.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

rregal

Easy technique for Positioning forks for Woodcraft clipons

I found that the best position for the clip-ons was to align the flat side of the clamp with the rear edge of the triple the same as Scott’s setup. This gave the best spacing of the bars between the tank and windscreen in the rack to rack turn of the bars.
You can allow the forks to rise higher than needed then once the clamps are positioned on the forks and secure you can lift the bike and allow the forks to sink to that the clamp bottom is flush with the to the top of the triple. This will give a perfect fit without measuring.

Attachments

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Not sure why the last page of this thread won't load for me, so I'm hoping that posting will make it load.

I'm about to order the Woodcraft clip-ons and am loving the pictures and discussion in this thread.

nhlkid1307

Installed my woodcraft clip ons today!

Hey guys, just installed my clip ons this morning and figured I'd share how they turned out! So far I've rode only about 25 miles with them on but don't get me wrong, they are unreal. The handling is alot better and it corners way easier with being lowered. Comparing them to my buddys R6, it feels almost the same. You get the more aggressive look and feel while still having some comfort. It might just be me, but I feel that since I've lowered the bike an inch and a half, it makes the exhaust/motor sound better. I dont know if it is because its echoing more than it used too, but it sounds almost as if it has a deeper growl too it. Anyways, the job took me about 4 hours or so, mainly because I wasn't looking at how to's or instructions on how to do it. The only speed bump I hit was when I was lowering the bike. It was very difficult to lower the front end without the forks just dropping all the way through the triple tree. I would suggest using a motorcycle life if you have one, it will make the job much easier. I ordered the clip on's from Revzilla.com for 170$ and they shipped right on time. I highly recommend getting these, it feels and looks like an entirely different bike. Well, Ill stop talking now and just show you the final product.
IMG_4838.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg