WINTERS CoMING

Crocop43

AS we all know winter is just around the corner. Recently my cage was destroyed so im cageless for the time being until insurance gets off the butt and gives me money for the idiot that hit me....then i have to find a suitable vehicle.....so in the mean time im just driving my good ol fz6r.... My question is what winter/cold weather gear do u have? please post pics/links where i might be able to purchase...im really looking for heated gloves and maybe a heated jacket... but am also intrested in all cold gear cause u guys might have something i didnt think of.....anyways thx for everything
P1112213-1.jpg

RIDE ON....

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

yfz6r

Hand guards are a huge investment. Preferably the soft ones that are like a tube connected to the bars that you stick your hands into.

I ride straight through winter wearing the biggest coat I could find at jc pennies last year and some badass gloves. I only ride for 1.5 miles each way though so I freeze till I get there and freeze back, but it's very brief.

Nothing better than doing 45 mph on the bike after scraping frozen dew off the seat at 6:45 in the morning

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jakeaz

Winter is the riding season here in arizona so winter gear consists of a sweater or riding jacket preferably thin so i dont get to hot and a helmet

Crocop43

thanks for the links guys lets keep this going what else u got....im planning on driving about 15 miles to work everyday unless it snows....then ill be getting a ride somehow....anybody have really good heated gloves?

Crocop43

yes im aware its going to suck

Crocop43

Bump....Bump to the tippity top

AFDavis11

I had heated grips but I wouldn't recommend them, but I do think there are a lot neck covers that I really find useful, beyond there cost.

Sparkxx1

Crocop look I'm getting this suit, it has amazing reviews. I too will be commuting this winter unless it snows. I've seen about 300 reviews and not one can say a REALLY bad thing about it. Also for the 180$ pricepoint it's ridiculous. I'm going to be adding a good windproof/waterproof glove and a good balaclava.

Firstgear Thermo One-Piece Suit - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Amazon sells it too. 250 amazing ratings can't be wrong imo.

If you get heated grips go for umm those ugly muffs I forgot what they're called..

http://www.hippohands.com/

I think I'm just going to get good quality windproof/waterproof gloves a liner and those hand wind guards(not the muffs).

I think for 15 miles heated gear is over the top, plus you're in NC which should be warmer than NY.

Last edited:

iSpoolin

This sucks :( Sadly come the end of October it'll be time for me to put my bike away :(

However I do have the full line of Knox Cold Killers, minus the "wind buddy" top.

KNOX Armor-Cold Killers from SportbikeTrackGear.com

I don't ride in the dead of winter, but for fall/beginning of spring I use them for the mornings. Literally one of my best investments. They keep you warm, without making you sweat. Tested them all the way down into 36* weather and I coulda sworn it was still 70* outside :)

The whole suit cost me about $280, but it was definitely worth it.

Hellgate

Really??? It was 105 yesterday. What I would give for a nice 90 degree day...

AngryAnt

Hey guys. I'm thinking about putting my order in for some winter gear today. I'm going to start with handguards + heated grips, and if that's not a satisfactory solution, I'll go from there.

Any reason why these particular items wouldn't work on our bike?

TwistedThrottle.com : Oxford Heaterz Heated Motorcycle Handlebar Grips for 7/8-inch Diameter Handlebars (Sports Style) - OXF.26.0696
PowerMadd Mounting Kit for Star Series Handguards - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore
PowerMadd Star Series Handguards - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore

Then from there I guess I need to find a good leather jacket and leather gloves and I should be set to ride through the winter (I only commute like 3 miles)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member