Windscreen screws

bigguybbr

Did a post search and keep turning up people's signatures...

What type and size screws are best to replace the plastic ones for the windscreen. I know it has been mentioned on here, but search isn't helping me out right meow. The buzz drives me nuts if I think about it too much.

Many thanks to anyone who could find what I couldn't...:iconbeer:

JonKerr

Elite Member

joloy133

I got red anodized aluminum from dealer. They still use the rubberish nut/fitting which come in the bolt kit. They would probably pull right out given enough force I suppose. Don't overtighten if you go this route. I think they look good and will be doing the top fairing bolts too.

Detrich

I wear earplugs when I ride and I don't hear any buzzing anymore. lol

bigguybbr

I wear ear plugs as well just to cut down on wind noise (my old HJC CL-SP helmet was terrible for noise)

The buzzing just drives me nuts when I start up and it's idling before I put on my gear. So any place else other than the dealer that I could get these? Online reseller perhaps? I really hate going to the dealer in my area...

It would be cool if someone knows the lenth, size, and thread of the screws...

Last edited:

arkkornkid

well, if you get a replacement windscreen screw kit then they're pretty much a universal fit... the kits are like 5-10 bucks

bigguybbr

So something like this?

$12.20 shipped at [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Windscreen-Mounting-Product-Code-Ynskws1122/dp/B001YJ4KDY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1298067191&sr=8-10]Amazon.com: Red Windscreen Mounting Kit (Product Code # Ynskws1122): Everything Else[/ame]

Does anyone have a pic with red ones on their raven fz6r?

arkkornkid

try motorcycle-superstore.com ....they're a little cheaper, but check out shipping it may all balance out.

bigguybbr

Forgot to update this post. Grabbed some off motorcyclesuperstore for a few bucks. Raven with the red screws looks decent imho. The red isn't quite right, but it's not too flashy, just a lil' something.

Attachments

Last edited:

latony007

red

I ordered red aluminum from china off ebay for like 6 bucks. The plastic is ridiculous. breath on the heads and they strip. I think the fairing bolts might look good in red too, have to check on that.