Wife says " What if I wanted to get a bike"

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

Side note: I WISH she had the same thoughts only months ago when I sold the FZ6R!
Nice! My wife has requested a chance to ride two up but I'm not yet comfortable doing that.

Regarding the solf FZ6r - there are others still available you know... ;)

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Invader Jim

Is she really tiny or is it just relative to you? ;)

Many cruisers have very low seats and that can inspire confidence in new riders. The ABATE course will be a great intro and she can see how it feels to ride a small cruiser. I think the 6R is not a good choice for a first bike for a short/petite rider. It is too tall and top heavy.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

applejax

Well, I figured it was only a matter of time.

Wife sat on a ninja 300 a couple weeks ago & I saw the sparkle in her eye. Then we went on a few trips where we rode 2 up but saw several female riders. Then She finally said the words in that female way....

She says......... "So Anthony... what if I wanted to get a bike" ?

Which of course means, Can I have a bike? :)

So we discussed it, I told her to first pass her written test, then take the Abate course & see how she feels. If after she takes the abate course she still wants a bike then big papa will look to make it happen. If however she changes her mind after the course then so be it. At least by that point she will have had her permit, Done the MSF course which allows for endorsement & have some feeling for what it's like.

So, we got her scheduled for the course later this season & she's going to get the written manual tomorrow..

We shall see how it goes...

Side note: I WISH she had the same thoughts only months ago when I sold the FZ6R!
My girl had the same exact reaction when she sat on the ninja 300 but then asked "how do you ever merge onto a highway ?".

Total buzz kill

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
I still love riding two up with my man, and do it quite often. Even if its just a quick spin down to the shops and back. Its the nicest kind of intimate feeling you can get in public lol :p

He got on the back of my dirtbike the other day, felt soooo strange! Will be a long time, if ever, before I take a pillion on my FZ6r haha...

Last edited:

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BKP

A friend bought a Ninja 300... says it's one of the best handling bikes he's ridden... loves it... Linear power without wanting to knock you off... Hard to let it get away... ABS (if you go with the special edition), slipper clutch... lots of safety...