Wife drop

voriti

My brand new just picked up Friday FZ6R... let the misses talk me into teaching her how to ride... and she came to a stop and lost balance. I knew it was gunna happen and only a small scratch on the side. Luckily the turn signal popped back in lol. She is only 5' 3" though so she cant really reach the ground.

kevcoop

I am thinking of doing the same, my girl is 5'2" and I worry about her dropping the bike.
Thinking about renting a dirt bike so she could practice riding and if she drops it no big deal.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Spunky99

Send the wife to an MSF course nearby. The $250.00 you pay to them will probably be less than what damage she does to your bike and herself.
They supply the bikes, helmet, gloves. You take her there and drop her off.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation

You also get an insurance deduction for her for taking the course.

Tinkerbellskpr

I was taught by my boyfriend on his triumph daytona. I'm 5'8" and it was still a little tall for me. I learned the basics and then bought my bike. I've taken the written test for the license so I have my permit but I'm still going to go through the MSF course to take care of the riding part. I've watched videos of the DMV test and I am not even gonna try to do it on my own!

pt jen

I am a new rider and dropped my bike twice. Second time I wasn't so lucky. My husband put frame sliders on my bike to protect the bike and needless to say it didn't protect my foot! Broke it and could not ride for 4 months. I already scheduled the MSF class and had to reschedule. I passed the class and learned alot. Maybe you should see about getting her a little 250cc? They sit quite low and would probably be perfect for her height. I hope she gets the hang of it.

Crocop43

MSF Course......that's the best plCe go learn ....who cares if u drop there shitty bikes....the. Buy her a small 250 ninja or something

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

dndfindley

Send the wife to an MSF course nearby. The $250.00 you pay to them will probably be less than what damage she does to your bike and herself.
They supply the bikes, helmet, gloves. You take her there and drop her off.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation

You also get an insurance deduction for her for taking the course.
I second that. That's how my wife got started. BTW a good starter bike for a "little" woman is a used 250 Ninja. Knew a guy who tried to teach his petite girlfriend to ride on a Honda CBR1000RR. Yeah, stupid. She totals it in a curve by going wide and ends up with several broken bones. They were both lucky and both learned from the experience. He bought her a 250 Ninja and last I heard she's doing fine. David