Wide angle Mirror safety mod

stevet

I've had these rectangular wide angle mirrors attached to my Fz6r for a few months now and love them. I got them for $1.99 each at the Pep Boys. Mount them in the bottom outside corner of the stock mirror with the wide side out. They definitely increase visibility and the safety of the bike. Of course they make things look smaller and farther away but you know when something is behind you. I also do like our stock long stalk mirrors because they extend out from the bike increasing visibility more than short stalk mirrors.

Attachments

Spunky99

You are still running the snail stalk mirrors?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

yeah, me too.... I'm stock everything... just added luggage and gps, still have that, how do I hear all the time "awful looking fender" on the back.:confused: :D
That ain't no fender, it's a paddle!

I think I had the rear fender and mirrors off the bike within 3 days of purchasing.

stevet

The stock paddle fender as you call it eliminates the where does the license plate, rear turn signals and reflectors go problem. :) The snail stalks also protrude out far enough that they are effective in seeing behind you and maybe save you from a cager sneaking up from behind. Spunky 99 you have many very cool things on your bike for sure. It's great how we can all personalize our bikes the way we like. I like stock unless I can actually make something better.

Spunky99

The stock paddle fender as you call it eliminates the where does the license plate, rear turn signals and reflectors go problem. :) The snail stalks also protrude out far enough that they are effective in seeing behind you and maybe save you from a cager sneaking up from behind. Spunky 99 you have many very cool things on your bike for sure. It's great how we can all personalize our bikes the way we like. I like stock unless I can actually make something better.
We all get to personalize our bikes the way we want and I'm happy to see you do exactly what you want with your bike. There is no perfect mod for everybody..That's for sure!
My mirrors stick out far enough for me. I fly airplanes so I am used to looking at a whole lot more things than most people could ever imagine looking for so having a cager sneak up on me is gonna be pretty hard to do especially the way I ride. It is watching out for cagers turning in front of me that I need to be especially careful of and be ready to avoid because they don't see bikes.
I just can't bring myself to buy a sparkle covered fuschia leather riding suit and a matching mohawk to wear to be noticed....:D:D:D:D