Why We Ride

Bert-Aus

Just got it today, cant wait till the kids go to bed!
Kick back watch some riding!

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Detrich

Amazon says mine gets here on 12/27.

Can't wait! lol

Detrich

I watched the movie, and I'm sad to say that I was kinda disappointed. Maybe it was because I didn't grow up in a wealthy family with a motorhome, silver spoons, and a motorbike for everyone in the family. So, although I can appreciate where the director is coming from, overall, I found the film to be a bit preachy and a bit biased...

In comparison, Faster, Fastest, Long Way Round, Long Way Down etc were much more fun and interesting to me. But, maybe it's just me.

Summary of Why We Ride:

Motorcycles are great. Motorcycle riders are the best model citizens. Motorcycles make kids smarter and responsible and eat their vegetables. Motorcycles can cure cancer.

I mean, c'mon.

At some point I was actually wincing. We all live & love biking. But, we aren't all delusional and sappy... It's almost like the director thinks we, the audience, are all stupid or something.

What I liked:
- Documentary on the history of motorcycling in the US. This footage was great.
- HD cinematography of nice roads and riding scenery. Very enjoyable.

What ultimately made me give it thumbs down though was the overly dramatized propaganda angle that the entire purpose in life is to find a bike, find a spouse, make babies, teach them to ride, and live happily ever after.

Maybe I'm being overly critical. I dunno. :shrugs:

Bert-Aus

It did have an overwhelming infomercial feel to it. Just glad I didnt loose any $ to watch it

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Detrich

The documentary stuff in the beginning was very good tho. I think they could've followed that theme, and it would've been a great movie.

They could've done without the "motorcycles make ur kids eat their broccoli" stuff. Or at least jut mention it once and that's it.

It was the repeated bombardment of that stuff that had me wincing.

Fizzer6R

yeah I think it was good, but not great. however have to give props to anything well done that is motorcycle

I liked the end when they showed the racers etc and said who they were, it still would've been nice to list their name and what they did during the movie to have more of an impact while watching; I knew a couple of them that's all.

it was nice to see them cover other bike events like hill climbing. they did show a lot of dirt riding, but don't recall any major supercross or MX racers represent like the others?

there is a t orrent avail

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member