Why does the FZ6R get so much hate?

Chucker

At a preload of 7, you do lose some travel. I would suggest upgrading the fork springs and shock springs and switching your fork oil to 15W. I switched to a Race Tech setup that is correct for my weight (I'm 6'1" and 195 lb or so) and it is solid, comfortable, and the front end dive is gone. I set my preload at 4 on the street and 5 on the track. The whole setup cost around $300 and was a day's work. The only kicker was that I couldn't find a suitable spring compressor for the shock spring, so had to take the shock to the dealer to get the spring changed. Cost me about $75.

As for your first question about haters... there is a reason Yamaha keeps producing the FZ6R after so many years (8). It's a great, inexpensive bike with a lot of buyers.

xorbe

"If you ever want to come out and tell the world you're gay just buy an FZ6R"

Got that one today -_-
When I sold my red bike, dude on the phone is like, "I have to have red, because blue is a girly color for chicks." Guy comes to buy my old bike, and sees that my new ride is blue, hah.

Drennan57

When I sold my red bike, dude on the phone is like, "I have to have red, because blue is a girly color for chicks." Guy comes to buy my old bike, and sees that my new ride is blue, hah.
Hahaha that's good stuff. Must have been a little awkward after that.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Drennan57

They are idiots, ignore them.
I did ignore it in the beginning but being looked down on for what you ride isn't a fun place to be. No matter how many shootouts it wins, how many happy owners there are. None of it matters because people only think of it as a downgraded FZ6.

Anyways there is nothing I can do about it so no point in going on about it.

BzB

I did ignore it in the beginning but being looked down on for what you ride isn't a fun place to be. No matter how many shootouts it wins, how many happy owners there are. None of it matters because people only think of it as a downgraded FZ6.
why should it matter what some other people think?

you'll find life is more pleasant when you don't bother yourself with other people's negativity. :cool:

Drennan57

why should it matter what some other people think?

you'll find life is more pleasant when you don't bother yourself with other people's negativity. :cool:
I totally agree but when the negativity is pure ignorance it's just plain annoying.

mcoulter

It seems to me...

That the fz6r is the Rodney Dangerfield of Yamaha's lineup!

It's down on power (compared to supersports), had a boring steel frame and swingarm, etc, etc...

Well screw 'em!

It's smooth as can be, has really, really long maintenance intervals, looks GRREEEAAT, cheap to insure (premium dropped to $144 for this coming year), and gets 49 MPG no matter how I ride it!

What's not to like???

Anyways there is nothing I can do about it so no point in going on about it.
No clue why they detuned it even more than its older sibling the FZ, but speculate marketing and manufacturing played huge role in it.

On the FZ forum people get their panties in a bunch for silly things like extracting more from what it is (power & handling), with stupid comments about why not just buy proper race bike. Same thing, I don't want a race bike!
But if you wanna put sparkly underglow lights and all that, great. But I'd rather make handle!

Curious; anyone have any 1320 times??

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rumpig

No clue why they detuned it even more than its older sibling the FZ, but speculate marketing and manufacturing played huge role in it.

On the FZ forum people get their panties in a bunch for silly things like extracting more from what it is (power & handling), with stupid comments about why not just buy proper race bike. Same thing, I don't want a race bike!
But if you wanna put sparkly underglow lights and all that, great. But I'd rather make handle!

Curious; anyone have any 1320 times??
I went to the drags for the first time last night, quickest of 5 passes was 12.05 at 111 mph.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
I went to the drags for the first time last night, quickest of 5 passes was 12.05 at 111 mph.

You spin the rear and/or avoid the water trap?

I have yet to do 1320 run, but may once oem clutch discs get replaced! Several have grenaded if launched! I dont need that. GPS 1320 on the s t r e e t puts the FZ at 10.86 secs with at calm low rpm launch. Now I need Proof!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Rumpig

I haven't had it on a dyno so don't have any HP numbers.
I avoided the water trap and didn't do any burnouts, still had 34psi in the rear too so I could probably go a bit quicker with more practice at getting the launch right. I run a +1 front sprocket to which makes it a bit slower to take off.