Why do you ride?

Z3roFlaw

It's hard to describe the feeling you get riding motorcycles to others; especially if they don't ride themselves.

The below video is from a motovlogger I follow on YouTube and I thought he summed it up pretty well. It's a nicely edited video and I hope you enjoy. :Sport:

I'm in Love

cezell09

Iamramekin always has great videos. I started following him before I bought my bike. He and chaseontwowheels are the main factors why I finally pulled the trigger on a bike...

Z3roFlaw

Yeah he has some awesome videos. I also started watching his videos before I finally got my bike. I'm actually REALLY thinking about getting a GoPro camera and mounting it to my helmet to start recording my rides. Maybe I could start to become a motovlogger on YouTube as well.

new2yam

I don't have words for it. Somedays I read stories about bikers going down and rethink things, or have moments where I worry about myself in general. But... The second I get going on my bike, I find a smile glued to my face and everything suddenly seems better. It consumes you.

There's a great movie on the way about it (probably why you posted this): Why We Ride Film

DevlDog

I've used the "It's like flying." analogy more times than I can count, but it still doesn't even come close.

There's just something about it, some feeling it creates deep inside. Trying to explain it is like being underwater and watching the millions of things going on at a coral reef and then trying to explain it to someone who wasn't there, and you forgot your camcorder back at the hotel.

latony007

I don't have words for it. Somedays I read stories about bikers going down and rethink things, or have moments where I worry about myself in general. But... The second I get going on my bike, I find a smile glued to my face and everything suddenly seems better. It consumes you.

There's a great movie on the way about it (probably why you posted this): Why We Ride Film
I do the same thing. I think that's ok, keeps us safer :) I used to say the same thing going diving, why am I risking my life for this but once you get under the water or jump on your bike that usually fades.
I may eventually get a can am spyder to remove most (not all) of that fear factor. my brother has one and the are a lot of fun, not as much as my bike but close.

I've used the "It's like flying." analogy more times than I can count, but it still doesn't even come close.

There's just something about it, some feeling it creates deep inside. Trying to explain it is like being underwater and watching the millions of things going on at a coral reef and then trying to explain it to someone who wasn't there, and you forgot your camcorder back at the hotel.
totally agree, you cant explain the weight-less feeling of diving or the experience of becoming part of the underwater environment.

BKP

This is why I ride... (yesterday, on the Suches Loop)

Threading the Suches Loop 1080 - YouTube

Just noticed the off-road cross, at 1:49... I know these are scattered around the loop... never noticed this one before...

Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

I think another valid question would be -- Why are motorcyclist always so happy? :D
Seems most motorcyclist are always smiling. :D

latony007

because we can take off and leave all annoying people and things behind? :)

And Harley riders aren't as happy because they know they will never pay off those incredibly over priced bikes and pay for the hearing operation they will need.

Y

yellowfz

Except Harley riders :-D

ba-dum tiss

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk
Oh bro that's cold! True but cold. :D
Sad but Harley riders do fall into the category of motorcyclist, I know I don't like it either. :D

Botty12

I ride because it plasters a smile on my face. It's like having a crush...get warm fuzzy feelings from my gut and it's one of those places that makes me feel free. No limitations due to doubt and insecurity. I guess I feel the most like myself.