whos got the faster bike me or my buddy?

miketriebsch

Just so you know, if you ever list your bike in the for sale section, I'm linking to this post, ha ha. J/k. Or am I? :eyebrow:

Lmao I can't blame you there. I would feel terrible selling this to anyone.

UselessPickles

But seriously I am ahead until right at 100mph against different bikes and riders. May seem like I'm blowing smoke but I'm truely not.
I wasn't saying it wasn't true. My point is that it's not an accurate representation of how the FZ6R compares to 600cc supersports. It's only an accurate representation of how you ride your FZ6R (very hard) compared to how someone else rides their 600cc supersport (clearly not as hard as you).

If traffic light street races were accurate measures of performance, then a 4x4 pickup truck is faster than my FJR1300. In reality, he was just more determined to take off as fast as possible and get ahead of me before his lane ended, and I just didn't really care at all. How much you wanna bet he brags to his friends about how all that low-end V8 torque makes his truck faster off the line than a motorcycle? :)

My favorite is when a car next to me tries to race me and I don't even notice right away. I take off at a casual (for my bike) pace, then notice that a car is next to me making a lot of noise (quite obviously at full throttle). Since my bike makes a fair amount of noise also, they probably thought they were keeping up with me in a full-throttle race.

Are you just looking for a Drag bike?
yes. a straight line piss around bike. i live in a a prairie where the highways are straight and you can see all around flat land for miles around. all there is to do is go fast in straight lines. an r1 is exactly what i want. i know cause ive already ridden cbr1000, gixxer 1000, and a r1 and their all freakin awesome! and it makes getting on the fz a bore :( and i liked the r1 out of the 3 liter bikes ive ridden

buzzbomb

Elite Member