whos got the faster bike me or my buddy?

ive convinced my buddy to buy a bike and told him not to get a sport bike for a first bike but he did not listen lol. he got a 2003 yzf 600r and i have the 2010 fz6r. stock, which one is faster? and that aside, his has after market exhaust and a power tuner, how much is he going to leave me behind. i still cant afford to insure my bike, but being that kyle doesnt have his license i drove his bike home yesterday and it went like a freakin bat out of hell. loved the power of that bike. im just hoping mine will compare and if you can let me know? thank you

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

Sorry to say but the YZF-600 would take it in my book. Just look it up and compare the hp.

Though I know the power peaks at different RPM's. The YZF-600 is still a "super" sport bike while the FZ6-R is a sport touring bike.

Now if you're talking about riding, controlling/ handling the bike then you have more experience then him yes. Sooner or later his ego will take a hold of him and he'll try to prove himself to you.

See red

Ok not to be the old guy, but, HE has no liscense, and YOU have no insurance????? LMAO!!!!!

His BIKE will be FASTER than yours if it wasn't beat to death.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MikeN02

The FZ6 would be a good match-up against it. Having almost the same hp.

Of course Ariana, would destroy your buddy's no name bike.

Inoxim-NorCal

What JonKerr said.

Appreciate the power you have, be it more or less than another persons. FZ6R can handle anything you need to traverse. Your friends probably has more juice than yours if its well taken care of and set up right. That includes a experienced rider as well.

If your interested in whos got more juice...then make a track day and play there :) Your bike will be more comfy for long rides tho from what I have found with my own brand new fz6r (a month old), and still has the power when ya need it ;) Half cruiser/tour bike and half rocket is the way I describe it. It seems lots agree with me on that point of view.

Above all, be safe, all the time, and ATGATT. Life to live > Speed Ego. I mean that in no disrespect whatsoever, but I am just being honest and straight forward.

redwing-2001

It is not about the speed, anyone can go fast in a straight line. It's all about control, technique and riding well within your limits so you can ride another day. Take some classes, read, practice, take some more classes, when you are ready, try a track day. It you have NO insurance, please get some. Encourage your friend to take the MSF Basic Rider Course, go with him. Enough preaching.
Have fun.

iSpoolin

You just got your bike like no time ago, why are you worried about going fast.

well to the first dissing post, mines uninsured because im going to school, me and my buddy are both apprenticing and decided moneys going to be tight and we dont need toys while in school. his schooling just ended, so he bought a bike and is about to insure it, im about to go to school i start april 25, and money will be tight.(were not mommy daddy leechers, we've been on our own since 16) but anyway, next point, i have ridden motocross for years, and have one year exp on the street. not to say im a pro or anything but feel i can handle myself fairly well. kyle on the other hand has never ridden any kind of motorcycle. he will be learning to ride on my 82 xs400 i keep around for teaching new people, lol. and we do NOT plan to race on the streets, we plan on taking it to the 1/4 mile strip every second friday is bike night :) and all this thread was for, was to see who would most likely, taking driver error out of it, pull a better time. unfortunately its him. i just hope mine pulls as hard as his did because that was exhilerating!:eek:

JonKerr

Elite Member

See red

well to the first dissing post, mines uninsured because im going to school, me and my buddy are both apprenticing and decided moneys going to be tight and we dont need toys while in school. his schooling just ended, so he bought a bike and is about to insure it, im about to go to school i start april 25, and money will be tight.(were not mommy daddy leechers, we've been on our own since 16) but anyway, next point, i have ridden motocross for years, and have one year exp on the street. not to say im a pro or anything but feel i can handle myself fairly well. kyle on the other hand has never ridden any kind of motorcycle. he will be learning to ride on my 82 xs400 i keep around for teaching new people, lol. and we do NOT plan to race on the streets, we plan on taking it to the 1/4 mile strip every second friday is bike night :) and all this thread was for, was to see who would most likely, taking driver error out of it, pull a better time. unfortunately its him. i just hope mine pulls as hard as his did because that was exhilerating!:eek:

I would worry less about your driving, as you can be a pro or a novice, but you can NOT control the other people around you.

As to my first post, I paid for my school, I owned my first house when I was 19, I have worked my arse off to get all that I have. I never recieved a penny for any reason, not even a loan for school.

THAT being said, I am sorry if you feel it is a "dis" to have someone tell you you may NOT want to pay for your bills, no not replace the bike, but the time in school, life, and the actual bill for the hospital if a d-bag jots into you.

But hey, best wishes, ride safe, have fun.

he is learning on the 400 cc this summer, racing at the strip next year. i have a year under my belt and hope to hit a few friday night fun nights at the end of summer. but the bike needs to be properly broken in first. but this thread has gone way off topic. was just wondering if i could touch his times on my bike, but its fairly obvious if im going to beat him itll be in experience and reaction time.

MikeN02

If it's drag then it's all about the take-offs.

My R6 would destroy many 600cc class bikes on the track but on a drag not so much. The ZX6-R would out power it, but then again it's all about the launch.

SAFE-T

Depends on how tired the motor is in your friend's '03. The YZF600R2 was superceded by the more powerful R6 for a reason, plus your FZ6R motor is a re-tuned descendent of that '03 R6 motor and 8 yrs. newer.

e.blackadder

The problem here is that for many the speed is addictive. The acceleration gives you rush. Even if you think you’re level-headed you might have your moments. A friend of mine, ex-Army special forces, now in his 40’s has to hit triple digits at least once on every trip. He used to gun down his Hayabusa daily on the 7-mile stretch of SR203 between Monroe and Duvall, WA. This is a road with 55 mph limit, but with poor surface, many gravel trucks, farm machinery and limited visibility intersections, where going at the limit could be tense. Every time he was covered in cold sweat and said he was terrified, but couldn’t stop and ran again next day. Had a close call one day and decided to sell Hayabusa.

I’m in the same boat, that’s why I stay away from FZ1.

It’s a bit like the “who can lean further out of the window” competition. There are few repeated winners.

his yzf isnt tired at all, it has 3,500 km so like 1500 miles on it. and to the last post im exhilerated from acceleration, but i dont have a need for high speeds. what the hell would i want to do 200+ km an hour for lol. i like to accelerate hard, and fast to 100 and thats about it. and of course i love to just cruise as well and enjoy the more calm side of riding too im not just an adrenaline junky