whos got the faster bike me or my buddy?

miketriebsch

Don't under estimate the fz6r. As long as your good at launching you'll eat him up untill around 100mph. It's been proven Many times over.

fltdriver

:zombie::deadhorse::zombie:

This is the closest I could get to a smiley about raising a thread from the dead. What we really need is :necromancer:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

Don't under estimate the fz6r. As long as your good at launching you'll eat him up untill around 100mph. It's been proven Many times over.
can you please site one? considering the YZF600R is just a bit slightly faster than an FZ6; the original question is whos got the faster bike (not rider dependent) me or my buddy? 2003 yzf 600r and i have the 2010 fz6r. stock, which one is faster? and that aside, his has after market exhaust and a power tuner, = the answer is very clear, well at least to me

Rookasaki

can you please site one? considering the YZF600R is just a bit slightly faster than an FZ6; the original question is whos got the faster bike (not rider dependent) me or my buddy? 2003 yzf 600r and i have the 2010 fz6r. stock, which one is faster? and that aside, his has after market exhaust and a power tuner, = the answer is very clear, well at least to me
Ok, are you talking straight line or in the corners? Cause anyone can twist a throttle and fly in a straight line.... For me, I have no problem what so ever keeping up with supersports in the corners... ;)

Fenixgoon

with regards to your question - the 600R will be faster.

with regards to the rest of your post....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

i forgot all about this thread, its quite old. the answer is his bike roasts mine, in every gear, at every range of rpm period. haha. the fz6r goes good for what it is but its not a supersport. its faster than any harley ive encountered(and thats alot) and faster than most cruisers but thats about it. im currently shopping around for a r1 but ill probably keep the fz6r for what its for.... cruising. and ive done ALOT of that. this is my second summer riding and ive already put 6500 km on my bike and the summer has just begun.

Rookasaki

i forgot all about this thread, its quite old. the answer is his bike roasts mine, in every gear, at every range of rpm period. haha. the fz6r goes good for what it is but its not a supersport. its faster than any harley ive encountered(and thats alot) and faster than most cruisers but thats about it. im currently shopping around for a r1 but ill probably keep the fz6r for what its for.... cruising. and ive done ALOT of that. this is my second summer riding and ive already put 6500 km on my bike and the summer has just begun.
Are you just looking for a Drag bike?

miketriebsch

Thread from the dead. I wasn't going to comment, other to say so, and another already has. But your statement intrigues me. I've not thought of the FZ6R as a racer. It's tuned down and geared more for fun and ease, than it is for speed. Have you sources to cite for that quote, or were you just blowing smoke?

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just honestly curious. Thanks. :)
Lol yeah I didn't realize how old it was. No but seriously I understand these bikes are not built for racing but of coarse I still do it more than not. I have found these bikes, because tuned way different than sport bikes, power being on the bottom end, are faster than super sports until they hit around 100mph and they are getting into there power bands, then they blow by us. As far as proof goes all I can say as of now is just race them and see because until you see it for yourself your probley not going to believe it anyways lol. Just make sure to drive the absolute hell out of your bike to do so lmao.

I should add also that I only weigh 145lbs. Might make a world of difference lol

Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

UselessPickles

I have found these bikes ... are faster than super sports until they hit around 100mph
If you're staying ahead of a supersport up to 100mph, then that supersport rider is doing something wrong, or didn't know you were racing until you took off with a head start.

I just ran some simulated drag races between a FZ6R and a CBR600RR.

If both launch at 4000rpm (probably a typical "fast" launch on the street), then the FZ6R will gain a lead at the beginning (~11 feet at one point). At about 3.8s into the race, the FZ6R is at 61mph and the CBR passes doing 74mph.

If both bikes launch at 8000rpm (quicker racing launch for both), then the two bikes are about dead even until 2.1s and 46mph, then the CBR takes off, ending up 30mph faster and 250 feet ahead of the FZ6R at the time that the CBR finishes the 1/4 mile race.

The CBR could theoretically launch even quicker at 11000rpm, but I would be afraid of roasting my clutch.

If you were referring more to how quickly the bike can accelerate at any given speed, then somewhere around 40mph is the turning point between the FZ6R and 600cc supersports. Below 40mph in 1st gear, the FZ6R will jump ahead of a 600cc supersport on a rolling start (assuming no clutch feathering). Above 40mph, the supersports accelerate much faster.

Fizzer6R

If you're staying ahead of a supersport up to 100mph, then that supersport rider is doing something wrong, or didn't know you were racing until you took off with a head start.

I just ran some simulated drag races between a FZ6R and a CBR600RR.

If both launch at 4000rpm (probably a typical "fast" launch on the street), then the FZ6R will gain a lead at the beginning (~11 feet at one point). At about 3.8s into the race, the FZ6R is at 61mph and the CBR passes doing 74mph.

If both bikes launch at 8000rpm (quicker racing launch for both), then the two bikes are about dead even until 2.1s and 46mph, then the CBR takes off, ending up 30mph faster and 250 feet ahead of the FZ6R at the time that the CBR finishes the 1/4 mile race.

The CBR could theoretically launch even quicker at 11000rpm, but I would be afraid of roasting my clutch.

If you were referring more to how quickly the bike can accelerate at any given speed, then somewhere around 40mph is the turning point between the FZ6R and 600cc supersports. Below 40mph in 1st gear, the FZ6R will jump ahead of a 600cc supersport on a rolling start (assuming no clutch feathering). Above 40mph, the supersports accelerate much faster.
is this a program or a website? please share if you can. thnx

UselessPickles

What Nasty said...

Scan through this thread and read the posts from me if you want some more details about it: Simulated FJR vs C14 race - FJRForum

I haven't really made any progress at all on making a user interface for it. There's just too much you could do with the data and I haven't been able to narrow it down to a reasonable scope of stuff that would be useful and a way that I could present it in a user-friendly way.

There's also the problem that the acceleration calculations become very inaccurate for more powerful bikes with the limited data that's available. For example, the drag-limited top speed of many bikes (in stock form) is unknown due to electronically limited top speeds. I can't calculate the drag coefficient of the bike without knowing it's drag-limited top speed. Faster bikes also can't go full throttle in lower gears because they'll just wheelie. There's not enough info available to determine the max usable throttle at any given speed in lower gears (and it would be different depending on rider weight). Many faster bikes also have ram air. I could simulate that easily (discussed in the thread above), but data is not freely available on how effective the ram air is on each bike.

Since the faster bikes are what most people would be interested in comparing simulated races, and I have no solutions for the above problems, I don't have much motivation to spend time working on a user interface and making it available on the web.

miketriebsch

Ah, personal experience for the win! Your weight is definitely a factor, but if you're beating super sports, I'm betting your trying a lot harder than they are, and shifting better as well. Kudos to you sir.

I'm not planning on going out and racing anybody, honestly, but when it does happen, it's good to know I have a shot at making a good showing. :thumbup:
I agree I probley am driving the bike harder than they are I can't imagine the possibility of the bike being drivin harder. When we race i warm the tire then set the rpms around 8grand then as the second honk happens I floor it to rev limiter then ride the hell out of the clutch just enough to keep me from going 12 0clock then of coarse I never let off the gas not even to shift. I have not had to replace the clutch yet but I'm sure another year at most lol. But seriously I am ahead until right at 100mph against different bikes and riders. May seem like I'm blowing smoke but I'm truely not. I do have m4 exhuast, juices box, k&n and hotter plugs added to the occasional gal of race fuel lol

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member