Who's a lone wolf and who's a social butterfly?

How many people do you like to ride with?

• Solo

Votes: 59 53.2%
  • One or two simpatico buddies

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • A small group of three to six others

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • The more the merrier

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Go the lone wolf

I enjoy the solo ride, well for me my time on the bike is a period of clarity -clear my head not thinking about anything else in life and just absolute freedom, those moments of taking curves decelerating into, powering through and out -absolutely brilliant.

Yet chasing other riders in front does set a pace that can challenge you, which helps to build skill and confidence

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

RandiZ

Most of my rides are solo. But, I also belong to a motorcycle club. Every now and then, I like to not have to make decisions and just follow trusting that the gals I'm with are leading me through a fun ride ending in a nice place to eat.

bmw675

solo. but than again, I am a lone wolf when it comes to most things.

Mr Citrus

I ride alone most of the time, every once in a while I'll get together with a few riders, but I tend to be in the back as they go way over the speed limit. I'd really like to ride with someone responsible, whenever that happens

wtnotch

95% lone wolf.

Riding by myself = working on flowing with the bike, technique, etc.

Riding with others (which is typically anything > 1) = a social event.

I much prefer the lack of hassle of riding by myself. If I have time, I go for a ride. Now. I don't particularly like to muck with the logistics of getting a group together where someone will invariably be late, someone will forget something, someone will have to stop an fill with gas even though everyone agreed to meet with a full tank, etc. etc. The more people I go with, the less actual riding time I usually have in relationship to the total time the 'ride' takes.

And as with everything, there's always exceptions. There are a couple of people I ride with where the ride still falls in the 'riding by myself' category :)

Russ

Detrich

I usually ride alone cuz i like to sleep in on weekends, and all the other ppl I know go early in the am. Being able to go my own pace is also enjoyable. Just relax and enjoy the sky, the air, the mountains. Anytime a big group gets together there's always someone who crashes or some kind of drama going on.

I do enjoy riding with others too, and Ill sometimes wake up and go with them. But, usually there are too many bikes in general on the road in the am. Pm is less crowded for sure.

Parcho

I tend to ride solo because most of my friends that still ride are 4+ hours away. And then most of the people I meet locally that ride are douche bag squids.

See red

I enjoy going alone most of the time. The few times I go out with others it's my wife or dad. I may decide to stop and take a picture or want a coke.... I also change my routes in route. lol! I have tried one group ride, there was apparent issue with me pulling up and asking to stop to pee. Not the pee part but they were all in shock and aw at my audastity of breaking formation.... ??? I politely told them thanks but I will turn here and left their ride of nazi's.

I don't mind the slower ride, but they were insane! I don't like the show off crap, I don't like to be told to speed up (went with a few friends) I am just happy at going and stopping when I want. My wife will pull up and let me know there's something she wants or needs, we will playfully leapfrog each other. Not anyting retarded, just long boring straights are easier when you do little crap like that. We sometimes run side by side..... OOOOoooo..... and chat ( batteries die or we forget the headsets.)

Anyways, yep, mostly alone... lol!

See red

Another question I would ask is why would you go with a bunch of people? Unless they are on your bike you are still alone...... go and enjoy it your way.

Sage

I choose to go alone most of the time, maybe 2up sometimes if one of my friends (girl of course) wants to tag along and doesn't have her own bike. Then there is a select group of people that if they want to ride I'll go along with them, but if it's a big group I usually break off if they become too squidly

JonKerr

Elite Member

Jago9

I ride alone, I have a few friends with bikes but from the way they describe their rides and habits I don't think i want to ride with them.

Love the solitude to just clear my head and pay attention to the road and surroundings.

Plus practicing good riding technique each time I ride.

Don't need the stress of riding with a bunch of showoffs or straightliners who have no real riding skills.

If I can find somebody with better knowledge and experience to take me under their wing that would be awesome, but until then, it will be "Just me, myself and I"

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member