Who Wears Contacts?

PhatPhizzixxer

For those who wear contacts, do you ever worry you might get something in them - like a freaking eyelash - or that the wind will dry them out while you're riding...even with the face shield down?

For those who wear glasses - does anyone wear glasses when riding? - do you recommend some that won't slip down your nose and aren't difficult to slip on under the helmet & helmet pads? Or, for that matter, won't get fogged-up under helmet & face shield?

I wear contacts now but there are times when I'd rather put the glasses on...you know, those days when your eyes are tired or red and it hurts to put the dang things in?

Does anyone have to deal with this issue?:(

cbzdel

I wear prescription sun glasses (Oakleys) whenever its daylight out, and when its dark I just wear my standard glasses.. I always keep my face shield 1 click open to help vent and I usually dont have any problems.. Also 1 click open does not let a huge amount of air in, for example this morning when the news says it was 36* out, my face was not cold at all.

PhatPhizzixxer

I wear prescription sun glasses (Oakleys) whenever its daylight out, and when its dark I just wear my standard glasses.. I always keep my face shield 1 click open to help vent and I usually dont have any problems.. Also 1 click open does not let a huge amount of air in, for example this morning when the news says it was 36* out, my face was not cold at all.
I have the Shoei RF1000 and sometimes w/ 1-click open, I still feel the wind blusters going up to my eyeballs. So, your Rx glasses don't ever slip down or get fogged-up?

JonKerr

Elite Member

PhatPhizzixxer

I tend to not blink often enough...
...whereas I tend to blink way too much...probably from worry they'll get something in 'em.

Ok, well, thanks for the responses. I've just been unsure if I'll need to stop wearing contacts eventually & was wondering how everyone handled wearing glasses...kind of a pain to not be able to see perfectly! :rant:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I wear my glasses all the time. I never have a problem with them sliding down my nose. However, they do fog up sometimes when I am sitting still. But once I get moving, the fog goes away, or I will lift my visor.

roidrage

ive work contacts forever... i ride all the time... never had an issue... some tearing maybe but nothing that would cause me problems

ninjamon

I've worn hard contact lenses since 1966. Twelve hours per day is normally max comfortable time for me. I always wear them when I ride and have never had a problem. I do wear a full face helmet with the shield down to keep bugs/dust/etc out of the eyes. My longest ride has been in the 100 mile range, so have not done any overnight or long distance road trips with them. Based upon never having had an issue, would not hesitate to do a longer trip. ninjamon