Elite Member

killabee

Is this a legit deal?

Z3roFlaw

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

jman

If you are installing exhaust, it is highly recommended that you get a fuel controller of some type. Whether it be a Power Commander 5 (PCV), TBR Juice Box, or Juice Box Pro. They all can increase the amount of fuel going to the engine. Once you do an exhaust, you will run too lean, since there is more airflow, you need to add fuel to keep the Air/Fuel ratio balanced. You can do just exhaust for a little while, but run the risk of damaging your engine if you never get a fuel controller.
Thank you! Also I contacted the seller and this item sold yesterday. Looks like it'll be a Marthy's viper exhaust for me!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

dmkun

so this guy on his craigslist add said the slip-on TBR exhaust does not fit on 09-12 FZ6r? Is that correct? I was planning on just getting a slip-on for my '12 6R...now i am a bit lost...will do some searching on the forum later today as well.

Also, Thanks for the comments above, FZwhite. I wasn't planning on getting a fuel controller but your comment on the air/fuel ratio makes me think differently now...

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

linkgt

No, a slip-on will not fit the 6R, it is a one piece welded system that is on there, and the only way to get a slip-on is to cut off the black box, and have a mid-pipe welded on. Then it would be all custom. This has been talked about numerous times. Simple searches on the forum, or Google would yield helpful results.

Like mine :)