Which side of helmet to mount cam?

Cerebus

So I picked up a Replay XD1080 camera and want to mount it on the side of my helmet. I'm trying to think if there's a benefit to either. I have a Sena on the left, but where I want to mount the cam, it wouldn't be in the way. I can't imagine the need to piss with the camera while riding, so there's no drawback to the right side. I would just turn it on before I took off and that would be it until I stopped.

From a POV perspective, thinking what the camera might see or miss ...any thoughts?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I would mount the camera on the bike somewhere. In the event of a crash where the helmet impacts the ground or any object, the helmet is designed to protect your head by dispersing the force of the impact. When a protruding device is attached to the exterior of the helmet, it compromises the ability of the helmet to do this. If the device were to impact the ground or any object, the force of the impact would be concentrated to the mounting point of the helmet. It would cause the device to puncture the shell of the helmet and most likely your skull underneath it. I would not recommend attaching anything to the exterior of a helmet.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

xJoshuaDrakex

I have my sena and my go pro mounted to the left side of my helmet. I usually mount the camera to the top of the helmet but my Icon Varient wouldn't allow this. Either way you will be able to see everything you are looking at.